Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Connor Mcgregor wants Mayweather so much, why doesn't he fight Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conor can't fight in boxing without the UFC (Dana White's) approval. Dana has said he won't even talk to Bob Arum or his people. Kind of hard to schedule a fight, when one promoter won't speak to the other.

Manny has said he's open to it. I think frankly Conor would be willing to fight Manny as well. At this point, I think Conor has started to see the kind of money boxing can make him, and he'll be open to fighting anyone if it earns him 10x what an MMA fight would earn him.

But make no mistake about it - Manny/Conor would do a FRACTION of the money Floyd/Conor would do. Mayweather has been a better stand alone draw than Manny for years - it would be fight #50 for Money - Mayweather/McGregor trash talking would be as big a factor in the equation as anything. Manny is great, but I'd be surprised to see Manny/Conor do even 1.5m buys - and most of that would be McGregor's drawing power.

Comment

Stylistically it would be a very dangerous Match up for Conor Mcgregor! There is extreme potential that Pacquiao, could end Mcgregor's entire fighting career....

Floyd Mayweather is a safer fight to take, from a technical perspective! well it depends on Mayweather's mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegÄde View Post
        If he's serious about getting into boxing and fighting Floyd, what about the next best thing? Floyd is retired and Pac is not.

They both fight at 147.

Watching Pacquiao light Mcgregor up in a boxing ring would make me cream my pants. If this fight was announced it's a Guaranteed buy for me.
        Because Bob Arum is a crook, to be blunt.

To here Eddie Hearn tell it; Arum was looking to Hearn to stage a Pacquiao fight, in Las Vegas, with Hearn paying Arum an appearance fee for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I really hate this whole subject but the reason Connor isn't boxing anyone else is because this isn't about boxing, it's about money, and that means Floyd. The dude is nicknamed "Money". He's the one you go to if you want a payday,
          What's worse doe, us fans watching Floyd school Conor while they both make money and bring even more casual fans to boxing, OR seeing Trump supporters feel sorry they elected an idiot and hide in the bush?

It's all entertainment!

Comment

It does make sense if he can't get Floyd.

McGregor-Pacquaio won't do Mayweather-McGregor numbers but it would still do good numbers.

And Pacquaio would beat him in 1 or 2 rounds.

Comment

Working...
            X