Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson: Wilder's Bargaining Power With Joshua is Now Weaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    Every puncher who rematched the better boxer has done far worse in rematches historically. I don't see how this is any different unless Fury falls off the straight and narrow.

Joshua will never fight Wilder in the US now after what happened. I still doubt that Wilder wants to fight in the UK.

I see Joshua trying to keep the Fury rematch in the US. I just hope that Fury forces Wilder to have to come to the UK. Wilder has no bargaining power as far as location at this point in either fight. If Wilder ducks the Fury fight for the location, everyone is going to feel he's just looking for home cooking.
    Re the bolded, that should be especially true in this rematch, because you could tell from the way Fury looked that he isn't back to his best form yet.

Most experts -and Fury's trainer - believed that Tyson needed a real competitive fight to get back to where he was when he dethroned Wlad.

Well, he just had one ... and the Fury who dethroned Wlad would toy with a crude, one dimensional slugger like Wilder.

Comment

Fury will be better in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        AJ is irrelevant now let him do his local shows with British level opposition

Wilder Fury is what's popping right now
        Hilarious!! Check out Joshua’s resume before you spout anymore undiluted cobblers.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
          Joshua is basically Eddie Hearns pet robot.

Johnny Nelson is the robot marketing spokesperson.

Joshua never really speaks for himself, he has his own PR person who vets all his media statements etc.

I just don't find him interesting as a personality or a boxer to be honest, all his 'humble' BS etc.
          I imagine that AJ is distraught by your admission. Remind me, who the f u c k are you & who cares what you have to say? Is there a boxrec personality score that you have to check before you’ll watch a fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            Every puncher who rematched the better boxer has done far worse in rematches historically. I don't see how this is any different unless Fury falls off the straight and narrow.

Joshua will never fight Wilder in the US now after what happened. I still doubt that Wilder wants to fight in the UK.

I see Joshua trying to keep the Fury rematch in the US. I just hope that Fury forces Wilder to have to come to the UK. Wilder has no bargaining power as far as location at this point in either fight. If Wilder ducks the Fury fight for the location, everyone is going to feel he's just looking for home cooking.
            Forest vs Mayorga?
            Hearns vs Leonard?
            Berrera vs Morales/

Plenty of examples where the puncher did better the second time.

The only thing Tyson can do better is his conditioning.

Maybe that will be enough.

Wilder, on the other hand, has plenty he can adjust and I suspect he will.

As for fighting in the US, it should be noted that the British judge had it even.

That, and the biggest money for any of these three is still a Vegas fight involving Wilder.

I won't be upset if AJ fights Fury in April, tho.

Wilder can do his mando and wait for the winner in the summer.

Comment

Do the words of Johnny Nelson really warrant their own articles?

Comment

I don’t think it’s weaker. The venue looked sold out, I imagine the ppv did okay, the fight was exciting and he did more damage to Fury than Klitschko did.

Before the fight he was facing constant negativity from the Matchroom mafia. Deontay might have struggled through the fight but he answered lots of the questions asked by his doubters.

Comment

dude's getting leaned on by eddie hearn. wilder is a bigger star today than he ever was. that was his first PPV and the fight had about as exciiting and as highlight reel of an ending as you'll see.

you guys don't undestand how this works if you think wilder is less of a draw now than he was on friday. FFS the fury rematch will be f#cking huge if they make that fight. i'll bet my account that it does more buys.

you truly are are an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    Do the words of Johnny Nelson really warrant their own articles?

10 pages in what, 12 hours? this website gets a lot of traffic and makes good money. it's the biggets boxing website on the planet. controversy and division sells. they're doing something right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rassclart View Post
                      I imagine that AJ is distraught by your admission. Remind me, who the f u c k are you & who cares what you have to say? Is there a boxrec personality score that you have to check before you’ll watch a fighter?
                      Looks we have a butthurt AJ fan...

Comment

Working...
                      X