Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yall need to stop with "He was mid-combination doe", a cheap shot is a cheap shot...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yall need to stop with "He was mid-combination doe", a cheap shot is a cheap shot...

You STOP punching after the bell rings.

That is universally known in the sport of boxing, but apparently some "fans" don't understand this rule. It's very simple, the bell means STOP PUNCHING.

But this dude whose name I can't even pronounce kept punching after the bell even after he was warned to stop earlier. I see everyone trying to put blame on Dirrell for "quitting" but it was simply in his best interest to stay down as he was legitimately fouled, repeatedly.

Dirrell is no coward. He did what he had to do to secure the win against a dirty cheat who can't fight within the rules. It comes as no surprise to me that Dirrell's uncle was shaken up with rage after having seen what was done to his blood. That's just not cool.

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post

That is universally known in the sport of boxing, but apparently some "fans" don't understand this rule. It's very simple, the bell means STOP PUNCHING.

But this dude whose name I can't even pronounce kept punching after the bell even after he was warned to stop earlier. I see everyone trying to put blame on Dirrell for "quitting" but it was simply in his best interest to stay down as he was legitimately fouled, repeatedly.

Dirrell is no coward. He did what he had to do to secure the win against a dirty cheat who can't fight within the rules. It comes as no surprise to me that Dirrell's uncle was shaken up with rage after having seen what was done to his blood. That's just not cool.
    So you're saying you think it was an intentional foul by Uzcategui and that Dirrell was unable to continue? That is the only set of circumstances that should have warranted a DQ stoppage. If that's you're honest opinion, man, then fair enough, but I don't agree.

That said, I ain't one of the guys calling Dre a coward. He ain't.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-21-2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Ok, let us say that the final punch was intentionally after the bell (Absolutely ridiculous but for the sake of argument) do you really think Dirrel was unable to continue?

The man was about to stand up when his corner literally screamed at him to sit back down, he asked them what, they shouted at him again so he sat down, then they started screaming about needing a doctor and Dirrel then started to hold his head.

That was even worse than the Abraham bs, back then, I kinda felt bad for Dirrell and somewhat supported him this was a plain cheat by a team and a man and a family who are nothing but dirty low lifes.

Comment

sit yo ass down,,,

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Ok, let us say that the final punch was intentionally after the bell (Absolutely ridiculous but for the sake of argument) do you really think Dirrel was unable to continue?

The man was about to stand up when his corner literally screamed at him to sit back down, he asked them what, they shouted at him again so he sat down, then they started screaming about needing a doctor and Dirrel then started to hold his head.

That was even worse than the Abraham bs, back then, I kinda felt bad for Dirrell and somewhat supported him this was a plain cheat by a team and a man and a family who are nothing but dirty low lifes.
          Interesting...

If you ask me I'd say the guy handing out illegal blows AFTER THE BELL is the dirty low life thug. But I guess we see things different. Of course you see someone like Dirrell and you feel a certain type of way. Insecure might be the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            sit yo ass down,,,
            Aren't you the guy who went on a meltdown after Wlad got whipped around by Joshua?

Comment

Aren't you the guy who went on a meltdown after Wlad got whipped around by Joshua?
              Yes, it's me

Comment

Interesting...

If you ask me I'd say the guy handing out illegal blows AFTER THE BELL is the dirty low life thug. But I guess we see things different. Of course you see someone like Dirrell and you feel a certain type of way. Insecure might be the word.
                You haven't answered the question.

Why do you believe Dirrell was unable to continue? As that was the reason for the stoppage, not simply the punch after the bell (which happens in numerous fights and does not equate an automatic disqualification).

Did you miss the part when he has a full blown converstaion with his corner and then falls back down?

Comment

the bell was still ringing after the final punch. clean ko/quit job. even if it was deemed an unintentional foul then its either a NC or he should be given time to recover. since we have the video evidence of dirrell and his corner conspiring to get a dq win we know he could have continued but refused. should be changed to a ko win for uzcategui

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    You haven't answered the question.

Why do you believe Dirrell was unable to continue? As that was the reason for the stoppage, not simply the punch after the bell (which happens in numerous fights and does not equate an automatic disqualification).

Did you miss the part when he has a full blown converstaion with his corner and then falls back down?
                    ... let him alone!... following this "Dirrell team" pathetic show, nobody of notice will fight Dirrell bros again...

Comment

Working...
                    X