Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else want Holly Holm vs tranny Fallen and Cyborg?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    That point was proven and it's been proven many times over. You don't win an MMA fight knowing just one style be it boxing or anything else. Since UFC 1, the importance of ground fighting, grappling and takedown defense was proven. If Holm continues to do well, it will be not only because of her striking, but because of her defense and grappling as well. If she has a weakness there, it will eventually be exposed. Boxing vs. MMA is a silly argument really IMO. If a boxer does well in MMA, that just proves that they have good grappling as well. It doesn't necessarily mean world class grappling, but they can at least hold their own. It doesn't mean boxing is necessarily better than MMA. I just know the haters will be on here bragging though when Holm has a big win. I don't really care though, I'm still rooting for Holm. So if an MMA fighter dominates as a boxer, does that also mean that MMA is somehow superior? Or does it just mean that that particular fighter is very skilled and well rounded?

I'm not a fan of Fallon Fox either, by the way.
    You're right but WMMA is not really that far along yet. Rousey for example is completely one dimensional but it has worked every time. I also predict big things for Kyra Gracie when she finally enters mma too.

Comment

Me too, but I've been hearing about Kyra for about 2 years now, so is that still happening? Some thought the Gracies were one dimensional, although Royce used some muay thai from time to time and Renzo was at least a decent striker, but, much like Ronda now, they didn't need to use much else usually beyond the style they mainly trained in and knew best, BJJ, like Ronda now with judo.

Holm I could see decisioning Cyborg in a decent slugfest, if Holm has a good chin and can take a good shot. I could maybe see a stoppage for Holm too late. Holm-Rousey would be epic, it would be a matter of Ronda's chin, which hasn't been tested much from what I've seen of her and if Holm could land a hard shot before being thrown, if Holly could escape off her back and how Ronda could do off her back. It could be a matter of who gets there first, Holm's striking or Ronda's grappling. For Holm, it would be a matter of takedown and submission defense too. Would love to see this fight though so hope Holly keeps winning in Invicta and gets the call for the majors.

Comment

Working...
      X