Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Manuel Charr Vitali's worst opponent since he came out of retirement?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=JAB5239;12408042]

A year ago when Vitaly fought Adamek his nuthuggers were saying he was still in his prime. You guys love to swing both ways I'll tell ya. Yes, he is past prime though but clearly not shot. Had he had to fight Ali's comp he would look shot.
    You're only as good as you were in your last fight, that's a pretty standard rule among boxing fans. It's the same for Pacquiao, almost no one is talking about him anymore after his loss.

Comment

[QUOTE=Superflo777;12408320]
      Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

You're only as good as you were in your last fight, that's a pretty standard rule among boxing fans. It's the same for Pacquiao, almost no one is talking about him anymore after his loss.
      Vitaly won his last fight 8 to 4, with a supposedly injured arm. I'm missing your point, especially since Pac is talked about here and every other boxing website daily.

Comment

Double digit losses mean nothing if you've been fighting top comp. And go back to boxrec and check that out again. Im pretty sure Duran was beating those guys with losing records in non title bouts. Of course if the fights were in Panama those records may be incomplete and misleading too.
        I didn't even check boxrec. I just know Duran and even Chavez among many other greats fought guys with double digit losses and they were bums. Non title bouts or not, they still fought them. You're the typical hater, you criticize this...someone points it out with others did it that you may like...oh oh....brings up another thing...continuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          I didn't even check boxrec. I just know Duran and even Chavez among many other greats fought guys with double digit losses and they were bums. Non title bouts or not, they still fought them. You're the typical hater, you criticize this...someone points it out with others did it that you may like...oh oh....brings up another thing...continuation.
          This is why your logic is always flawed. You assume everyone to be a hater because you lack the knowledge and understanding of past fighters and era's. Double digits in the past did not make every fighter a bum. And just because Duran took non title fights doesn't make his resume weak, especially when you look at all the great fighters and top contenders he did fight. Its just an easy way for you to excuse it instead of doing the homework to fill in the gaps of your knowledge. If you don't understand history you don't have a leg to stand on.

Comment

This is why your logic is always flawed. You assume everyone to be a hater because you lack the knowledge and understanding of past fighters and era's. Double digits in the past did not make every fighter a bum. And just because Duran took non title fights doesn't make his resume weak, especially when you look at all the great fighters and top contenders he did fight. Its just an easy way for you to excuse it instead of doing the homework to fill in the gaps of your knowledge. If you don't understand history you don't have a leg to stand on.
            My logic is always flawed? In that case so is yours. I know I don't know it all and neither do you. I do understand past fighters but we don't always share the same opinion. Funny thing is that apart from Jones/Klits and other minor things we have some stuff in common I believe. But unlike you I don't depend on just an article to feel that person is an ATG.

I'm not saying it's weak. I'm saying he along with others did it and they are being put in a pedestal unlike someone who's retiring is getting **** on by the same people. Hell even boxers that I love like George Foreman along with Chavez Sr. picked on cans during their primes.

Comment

My logic is always flawed? In that case so is yours. I know I don't know it all and neither do you. I do understand past fighters but we don't always share the same opinion. Funny thing is that apart from Jones/Klits and other minor things we have some stuff in common I believe. But unlike you I don't depend on just an article to feel that person is an ATG.

I'm not saying it's weak. I'm saying he along with others did it and they are being put in a pedestal unlike someone who's retiring is getting **** on by the same people. Hell even boxers that I love like George Foreman along with Chavez Sr. picked on cans during their primes.
              They're being put on a pedestal for their wins over other great fighters. When the Klits accomplish that we'll elevate them. Until then that is the difference from being the best now and among the truly elite in history.

Comment

They're being put on a pedestal for their wins over other great fighters. When the Klits accomplish that we'll elevate them. Until then that is the difference from being the best now and among the truly elite in history.
                Yea but they didn't just fight great fighter after great fighter either. We'll?? They already great in their own way. At least to me. Sure you may not like it and you have your opinion but I have mine as well. Just like I have said, I've been seeing films and stuff from previous HWs and it's nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  Notice Tunney went back and deleted all his posts in this thread? :chuckle9:

Poet

Yea but they didn't just fight great fighter after great fighter either. We'll?? They already great in their own way. At least to me. Sure you may not like it and you have your opinion but I have mine as well. Just like I have said, I've been seeing films and stuff from previous HWs and it's nothing special.
                  You've missed the point a gazillion times or just conveniently side stepped it.

The greats of the past, irrespective of fighting tomato cans, not necessarily beat other greats one after the other but they BEAT greats in their careers.

Now Wlad's signature win is Haye, who on this very thread you have scoffed at and Vitali's finest hour was a face rearranging apppointment with fat old Lewis. THAT is the point that Jabs is trying to tell you.

Comment

Who's saying they fought great fighter after great fighter? You look at a fighters entire career and judge on that. And while Vitaly has had a nice career he has repeatedly fought crap compared to any top 10 heavyweight in history.

You can watch as much film as you want. Unless you know the conditions of the era and the opponents being fought (you need more than boxrec) than you only have a fraction of the information needed to make an accurate and proper judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post

You've missed the point a gazillion times or just conveniently side stepped it.

The greats of the past, irrespective of fighting tomato cans, not necessarily beat other greats one after the other but they BEAT greats in their careers.

Now Wlad's signature win is Haye, who on this very thread you have scoffed at and Vitali's finest hour was a face rearranging apppointment with fat old Lewis. THAT is the point that Jabs is trying to tell you.
                      Thank you for simplifying that, I wish I had that ability.

Comment

Working...
                      X