No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Controversy nothing more than a manufactured excuse by Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    I take it that you got more sense than any poster on this forum so why don't you use your intelligence sir? You've posted one the most asinine comments I've ever heard on here in a long time.

Here's a memo for you. The fight wasn't stopped due to low blows. It was stopped due to Kovalev's reluctance or inability to punch back and defend himself against Ward's relentless onslaught to the head and body.

Let's not pretend that Ward never landed any clean punches to the body or head. So that last low blow can be damned. He was ready to go several seconds prior to that punch even landing, so stop using that as an excuse to cop out.

Had that been Andre Ward feigning low blow injuries like that, guys like you would have been jumping all over him and so would I. So let's not make this a black/white issue because it's not a black/white issue. Well at least white guys like Dan Rafael, Max Kellerman and Jim Lampley don't appear to think so.

It's a right/wrong issue and this case Sergey just so happens to be wrong.
    LOL look at the twitter feeds facebook pages etc etc they mostly Africann Americans defending their skin...so....it is a race issue.... LOL

Here's a MEMO for you! I like to watch Ward fight I am a "fan" of his. I think he is one of if not the top fighter in the world. I'm not pretending he didn't have a great round don't insinuate things I never said. He DID HURT Kovalev he was coming on strong BUT Kovalev was hanging in there it wasnt until he got pinned on the ropes and had to deal with 3 consecutive body blows 2 of which were borderline low and the last blatantly low ( although I don't think intentionally low on Ward's part)

By your logic a boxer who is in trouble and who's trying to fend off an onslaught of punches -which is difficult on its own- but to then ask said boxer to fend off low blows to and be composed about it and have the senses to do whats right in the heat of the moment well then NO you are wrong champion4ever. You mean to tell me after a fighter is rocked you can then follow up with low blows and have fight waved off?? It shouldn't matter because he's stunned right and is going to lose anyway ,Right?

That's what a REF is there for, to keep the fighters in check and enforce the rules of Boxing. Tony Weeks made a bad call.He had a bad night at best or was favoring Ward at worst! Period.

Comment

Originally posted by ray moe View Post
      Sorry to break your agenda dude, but I'm not from USA, you can tell that only reading my sometimes broken english.

Plus, I'm no ward fan, I'd love to see him koed on the canvas, I hate his style.

Sorry to say that I'm only a guy who hates those guys who fake in the middle of a fight in order to misslead the referee.

I hate those who disrespect every opponent going full alpha (when they win) and then, when things become tough, suddenly start to act full beta, like a crying little baby girl, turning his back, faking and later on making excuses.

I hate those that thank god because the referee stopped the fight, and later on say that they got robbed. Those guys are the worst of the worst.

I have more respect for the discoordinated guys in my gym that everyday try-hard, even if they get a beating every now and then. I admire them. Kovalev? sorry, Kowardlev? I hate guys like him. They are nothing but half a man.

"I'll kill you! I'll end your career, I promise" ("if you dont mind. Please dont hurt me, this is my back, please, please, tony, look at my face, stop the fight.")

Look at this:

Now look at my signature. What a difference!!! isnt it? this half man is nothing than a full piece of..... A coward playing the brave when he can, and faking, giving his back, begging for a stoppage and crying when the **** hits the fan. Half-a-man.
      LOL you may not like Ward but you sure do sound like you hate Kovalev! LoL

I just wanted a good scrap we had that up until the horrible stoppage by Tony Weeks is all i'm saying. If these two keep on winning later this year and early next THERE WILL BE A TRILOGY

Comment

Originally posted by ADGZ View Post
        He DID HURT Kovalev he was coming on strong BUT Kovalev was hanging in there it wasnt until he got pinned on the ropes and had to deal with 3 consecutive body blows 2 of which were borderline low and the last blatantly low ( although I don't think intentionally low on Ward's part)
        This is where we disagree. That is lie. Kovalev just stood there without throwing any punches in the sequnence leading up two those three consecutive body blows. Go back and review the tape. After Andre nearly decapitated him with that pull counter right hand, he just stood there without punching back or protecting himself as Ward was hitting him with flush and clean punches. His body language suggested as if he wanted the ref to stop the fight and he did. Just like he did previously in the same round when Ward landed two clean legitimate body punches on the belt line of his lower abdomen and Kovalev turned his back feigning low blows in order to take a breather and get Ward disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          Borderline low shots can be viewed as legal or illegal, am I right?? Since it's borderline?? The last punch before the stoppage was definitely low!! And the stoppage was horrendous. Even if Weeks thought the punches were good. You don't stop the fight there.
          You absolutely stop a fight when a guy is hurt, and not defending himself.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
            You absolutely stop a fight when a guy is hurt, and not defending himself.
            No you don't. You've never seen fights were guys are badly hurt and have to survive the rd?? You don't stop a fight the minute a guy is hurt. And he maybe wasn't protecting himself cuz he was hit low and thought he would be given time to recover. That's not crazy to think.

Comment

No you don't. You've never seen fights were guys are badly hurt and have to survive the rd?? You don't stop a fight the minute a guy is hurt. And he maybe wasn't protecting himself cuz he was hit low and thought he would be given time to recover. That's not crazy to think.
              Of course, if a fighter is able to avoid punches, bu either running or clinching, then they may be able to survive a round.

When a guy is hurt, on the ropes, and taking punches, you stop the fight.

I think the fact that these were body punches, people a different impression. The fact is, it only takes 1 head punch to seriously hurt a dude, so referees are trained to stop a fight, if a guy is being hit, and incapable of defending himself....which is exactly what Weeks did.

Don't take it from me, Sergey's own cutman says Weeks made the right call, or Sergey could've gotten hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                roc nation got to rafael! you know who thought they were low blows? tony weeks from roudn 2. he warned ward for them in roudn 2 but then when he threw even lower punches in rounds 7 and 8 he plain forgot what he just said!
                This fight really damaged you. I don't even want to laugh at you anymore, I just feel kind of bad for ya. It sucks when the guy you are rooting for loses. You'll get over it eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Kovalev did a lot more rabbit punching than Ward and also headlocks.
                  There was one fricken headlock dude get real

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    There was one fricken headlock dude get real
                    Like the punch in the gif wasn't the last one?

There was a lot more than one.

Did you even watch the fight?

Comment

Borderline low shots can be viewed as legal or illegal, am I right?? Since it's borderline?? The last punch before the stoppage was definitely low!! And the stoppage was horrendous. Even if Weeks thought the punches were good. You don't stop the fight there.
                      ^ Exactly. That's all were saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X