Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Saunders that good or is Lemuiex just overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Excellent post, bro, top to bottom. Saunders was something else last night. Flashes of prime Floyd.

Green K.

Always consider the opponent...especially wene he's wearing a spare tire around his wait and KO'd twice before.

Comment

Lemieux is not a bum, he's just never been special. Saunders but on a quality performance but you can only rate it so much against Lemieux.

I'd say Saunders is a good fighter but he's not near p4p quality imo.

But he's 28 and in the same division as Canelo, GGG, Jacobs, Andrade and Charlo. He's got plenty of ways to prove me wrong.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-18-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

GGG couldn't cut off the ring all that well against Canelo (a slickster) and he was hitting air for the most part, how would he do it against Saunders, who has better footwork than Canelo and is faster?

I think many are underrating Saunders.
        GGG didn't cut off the ring as much as he wanted to because he was made tentative of Canelo's counters. He didn't cut off the ring against Jacobs because just like Canelo, they are counter punchers with good power to hurt GGG. He boxed his way to win against Jacobs and 50% of the fight against Canelo were on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post

Always consider the opponent...especially wene he's wearing a spare tire around his wait and KO'd twice before.
          I did. That's GGG's best win, isn't it? Saunders made him look foolish.

Welcome back, Kigali!

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            GGG didn't cut off the ring as much as he wanted to because he was made tentative of Canelo's counters. He didn't cut off the ring against Jacobs because just like Canelo, they are counter punchers with good power to hurt GGG. He boxed his way to win against Jacobs and 50% of the fight against Canelo were on the ropes.
            I hear you. This Saunders, if he stays on point like he did last night, would be the man to beat at middle and supermiddle. I wouldn't even pick Eubank Jr against him now.

Looking forward to his next fight. Won't be GGG or Canelo.

Comment

I hear you. This Saunders, if he stays on point like he did last night, would be the man to beat at middle and supermiddle. I wouldn't even pick Eubank Jr against him now.

Looking forward to his next fight. Won't be GGG or Canelo.
              I agree. Eubank is great at fighters going after him like Canelo but it is another story when the opponent is mobile.

Though TBH of all the MW and SMW out there to beat Saundersm absolute "Nightmare" style is a fellow boxer-puncher in Daniel Jacobs whose longer and taller than him with a lot more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                I agree. Eubank is great at fighters going after him like Canelo but it is another story when the opponent is mobile.

Though TBH of all the MW and SMW out there to beat Saundersm absolute "Nightmare" style is a fellow boxer-puncher in Daniel Jacobs whose longer and taller than him with a lot more power.
                That'd be a nice boxing match. I hope we get it next. At the end, I think Saunders will prove to be a level above Jacobs.

Comment

"Lemuiex was praised as this great 160 fighter"

Never saw that. I see him as being rated as a good, very strong middleweight who isn't on the level of Golovkin, Alvarez and Jacobs, and that's basically all I see him as. He has one dimension and he's good at it but Saunders turned out to be stylistic poison for him. Saunders put on a great performance, maybe showed up better than ever before and had his number as bad as anyone can have your number.

Comment

I did. That's GGG's best win, isn't it? Saunders made him look foolish.

Welcome back, Kigali!
                    Big deal

Alcine made Lemieux look foolish.

Rubio made him look dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Einstein View Post
                      Lemuiex was praised as this great 160 fighter(even tho he had been ko'd by Rubio of all people) by some but just got schooled by Saunders..So which is it?
                      I'm gonna rematch and hollar back

Comment

Working...
                      X