Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos doing a better job making stars pbc or top rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toprank can do wonders with average talents like they did with Donaire and Juan Manuel Lopez I would say Chavez Jr too but I think anyone can promote him because of his name

Comment

Spence also has that Olympic backstory

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        more people watch Crawford’s fights. His Espn and hbo numbers all beat Spence except his one cbs fight after Olympic basketball.

Crawford was also playing in the nba celebrity basketball game on ESPN and at the espys. Neither guy is super well known.
        Do you know his ESPN numbers? Stupid of TR to put it on app had to stream that fight

Comment

Spence is clearly on the ascent. Sold more in NY than Crawford did. Pretty solid #’s on Showtime too. Not quite as good as Crawford’s on ESPN (aside from that disaster of a last fight) but ESPN has way more suscribers; same reason why Crawford will never touch the six million who watched Spence on NBC.

Comment

Who cares who is more popular? It’s about who wins in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Do you know his ESPN numbers? Stupid of TR to put it on app had to stream that fight
              I am not talking about the Horn fight. I am talking about the Indongo fight plus the HBO fights and his October fight will be on ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                I’m sure all 30k people loved watching horn vs crawford
                Spence can't even touch 900k on SHO. I am not talking about Crawford's fight on the app. I am talking about on HBO and ESPN and his next fight on ESPN

Comment

100% Top Rank. PBC has done an awful job managing and promoting fighters. As the saying goes, you've got to strike while the iron is hot. Spence beat Brook to win the IBF title in May 2017 and should of got him a fight by September to capitalize and build on all the press he received. Instead they waste the opportunity and don't have him fight until the following January when casual boxing fans who may have read or heard about him would have completely forgotten about him or lost interest. That has been the chronic downfall of the PBC, the fighters aren't active enough. Nearly all of TR's fighters are active.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyPeri View Post
                    Who cares who is more popular? It’s about who wins in the ring.
                    since they'll never fight each other, who wins in the ring doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      Spence can't even touch 900k on SHO. I am not talking about Crawford's fight on the app. I am talking about on HBO and ESPN and his next fight on ESPN
                      Well no shlt hbo and especially ESPN have more subs than showtime

If Crawford was a star he wouldn’t be fighting on an app that nobody knows about

Comment

Working...
                      X