No announcement yet.

Guerrero, Yordan Battle To a Two-Round No-Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ugly2000 View Post
    The ghost pulled a ***** move. What I dont understand is why the doctor didnt check him. The doctor didnt administer the how many figers am I holding up test.
    I think when a fighter says he can't see, they pretty much have to stop it

Comment

I'm not the one in the ring who got head-butted and has blood going into my eye, but Kellerman did have a point. It showed lack of heart.

Maybe all the messed-up drama he has in his personal life coupled with the Chino Latino's unexepected good showing made him think twice about going on. Still, I was getting ready to be a fan of (the other) The Ghost, but it was disappointing that the fight ended the way it did.

Comment

in your hometown,on HBO you quit because of a cut.it was a accidental foul so they would go to the scorecards after 4 so he could have still won a decision if they had to stop it.is it me or was that 17-0 opponent hitting him very cleanly? I got the feeling guerraro bailed out because he was having problems early with him.he had good footwork & fundamentals.I'd like to see that guy again.anyone agree with me on my view of the fight.

Comment

I wonder of Yordan hurt him or somthing, cause that was kinda weird to see him quit like that. Either Yordan hurt him, or Guerrero was actually worried of having to deal with that blood in his eye while fightin this kid.

Eitherway it was a bad look for Guerrero, he should definitely get a rematch, otherwise I think Robert will be looked passed for a while.

Comment

This kinda sucks, I wanted Guerrero to shine tonight. That guy was tougher than expected.

Comment

guerrero came in for a paycheck not for a fight. he looked at the paper and saw an unrecognizable name and thought it's an easy night. yordan showed that he can counter and hurt guerrero right on the 1st round and probably knew that he was in for a surprise. it's really mind boggling to see someone quit so early in front of his hometown

Comment

quit

he quit if that were anyone else they would of called him out on it but for some reason this guy gets a pass bottom line dude quit

Comment

this daud yordan is from Indonesia, he is one of the best young boxer in Indonesia...he is undefeated too..this boy has a killing punch, and i think he did hurt the ghost..The boxing fans in Indonesia said that Daud yordan could be betetr than CJ...If i am not mistaken a year ago or two, Daud yordan calling out CJ for the WBA featehrweight title but it seems CJ team didn't accept that fight..tehre was a rumour that daud yordan can trouble CJ in a fight...i saw this guy fight in Indonesian TV a couple of times..and oh u can find one of his fight on youtube Vs antonio Mezza in Las vegas..
                  Last edited by tato_top; 03-08-2009, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Yea, it sucks!
                    I was at the tank, and the funny thing is nobody over there knew that Guerrero quit.
                    They(guerrero Gilroy fans) just booed the **** out of the ref and the indonesian.
                    Then they all left and didn't even care to watch the Ortiz and Kirland fight.

Comment

The blood was dripping into his eye but it is unusual for a fighter to say tell the doctor and referee he can't see, especially when he's fighting in front of his hometown fans. That was turning into a very tough fight for Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                      X