No announcement yet.

As A Ward Fan I'm Getting Tired of His Inactivity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As A Ward Fan I'm Getting Tired of His Inactivity

In reading the latest with Barrera I'm starting to lose patience with Ward. Its time he gets in the ring with a decent opponent if he really intends on fighting Kovalev. If no Barrera who should he fight ?

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
    In reading the latest with Barrera I'm starting to lose patience with Ward. Its time he gets in the ring with a decent opponent if he really intends on fighting Kovalev. If no Barrera who should he fight ?

i agree. the more i look at the barrera fight, the more he looks like the perfect opponent to start to ramp up for a ppv fight against kovalev. matching ward with barrera at this stage is great, great matchmaking. it's good TV, solid money, and more importantly he needs to f#Cking get in the ring with a live body who can punch, and really help him tune up for kovalev.

Comment

Seems clear he's fighting in March, they're just negotiating the opponent or other details. Not like the entire event has been cancelled or anything.

Comment

It feels like Ward has gone into super-careful mode, it doesn't feel like he wants to fight a threat.

The gap in quality of the names Ward has rumored to have been putting to HBO over the last 2-3 years compared to the names he has been turning down is quite marked.

Comment

Fonfara would be a very good alternative anyone else agree ?

Comment

its ward vs perriban, get used to it.

Comment

4 years of watching him turn down good fights and try to fight bums. the longest benefit of the doubt in the history of benefit of doubts

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                4 years of watching him turn down good fights and try to fight bums. the longest benefit of the doubt in the history of benefit of doubts

let me guess, blind kessler, george groves twice, a weight drained, ****sexual yusaf mack are good opponents?

eurodoe

Comment

yep. used to like him but tired of his bull****. also the level of opponents that he tried to bring into the ring last time around on 3 weeks notice was not just bad from a legacy perspective but also unethical IMO, a top 3 p4p guy should not be bringing in a human punching bag who probably has a day job with 3 weeks notice to prepare for the fight.

Comment

As I believe most of his fans are... When you are as truly talented and gifted; yet you see this individual not take advantage of his gifts/talent and sit waiting for a big payday... It can piss a lot of people off. To me, it seems like Ward has lost his respect for the sport and fans. It's quite disappointing!

Comment

Working...
                    X