Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys like Korean BBQ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it if done properly. Like any other food, there are good and bad restaurants. I spent a year in Korea and had some great Korean food. I have only found one place in my area that serves it up like they do in Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I like it if done properly. Like any other food, there are good and bad restaurants. I spent a year in Korea and had some great Korean food. I have only found one place in my area that serves it up like they do in Korea.
      restaurants here will never compare to the ones back in their native land. i went to japan a couple of years ago and had ramen there and came back to the US and never found a spot here that does it like in japan. it's still good but just not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
        restaurants here will never compare to the ones back in their native land. i went to japan a couple of years ago and had ramen there and came back to the US and never found a spot here that does it like in japan. it's still good but just not the same.
        True. People in China do not eat any of the typical slop served up in an American Chinese restaurants. Most Italians in Italy are not gorging themselves on Italian-American dishes (Lasagna, Spaghetti/Meatballs, Chicken Parm etc), though I do admit I prefer the Southern Italian/Italian American style myself.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          True. People in China do not eat any of the typical slop served up in an American Chinese restaurants. Most Italians in Italy are not gorging themselves on Italian-American dishes (Lasagna, Spaghetti/Meatballs, Chicken Parm etc), though I do admit I prefer the Southern Italian/Italian American style myself.
          yeah, i worked as a chef in a chinese restaurant when i was 18 and while i was deep frying duck for my pancakes for lunch break they all sat around eating steamed fish with rice n ****. they literally didnt touch anything on the menu, same when i worked in an indian restaurant, alot of the dishes are actually created in england, like butter chicken etc...

where/why did you stay in korea btw?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            yeah, i worked as a chef in a chinese restaurant when i was 18 and while i was deep frying duck for my pancakes for lunch break they all sat around eating steamed fish with rice n ****. they literally didnt touch anything on the menu, same when i worked in an indian restaurant, alot of the dishes are actually created in england, like butter chicken etc...

where/why did you stay in korea btw?
            I was stationed there for a year while active duty.

During high school I had a weekend job delivering meat to various Chinese restaurants in NYC. I remember wheeling in a few boxes of meat in a narrow kitchen and knocking over a wok filled with raw chicken. I thought I was in trouble, Chinese guy in the kitchen didn't even blink, just scooped it all back in the wok like nothing happened. This was in Harlem.

Comment

Yes I love it but I prefer Chinese hotpot. If Korean BBQ gets you crapping up a storm try Chinese Hotpot - that will have you crapping up a Blizzard if you're not used to spicy foods.

Comment

Good quality Korean bbq is among the best meals you'll have. Pony up cash though. Don't go to a cheap all you can eat place.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
                  Yes I love it but I prefer Chinese hotpot. If Korean BBQ gets you crapping up a storm try Chinese Hotpot - that will have you crapping up a Blizzard if you're not used to spicy foods.
                  Love Chinese hot pot.
                  Also, love Mongolian spicy hot pot. I look forward to that with my in-laws every holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    Do you guys like Korean BBQ?

Whenever my friends ask me to grab Korean BBQ that place taste good but then like 45 minutes later im crapping up a storm!

Does this happened to everyone too when you eat that stuff? Whats wrong is it like too spicy? oily? both?

I usually end up taking a violent explosive dump in about 45 minutes and then again like hour after.

I'm scared some hot chicks gonna be like hey babe lets grab Korean bbq and Im be like about to score later on that night and then uh oh explosive violent dump kicks in!

Is it because I only eat it like once like every 6 months?

Is there a way to avoid this?

Also these joints are usually AYCE but they are still pretty decent quality meats.
                    Sorry to tell you bro! But that ain't beef you're eating! That's why you're crapping up a storm!

Comment

It’s pretty good, not all that. When i get together with my friends, it’s usually at a korean BBQ restuarant. Pork Belly and Soju is what Korean guys do. K-BBQ is for Drinking.. you always start off with some pork belly with Soju and once you are slightly buzzed, move to a bar for some real drinking.

In LA Koreatown, Soowon Galbi and Chosun Galbi serve top quality meats.

Gen BBQ is a new franchise and they usually cater to Americans so if ya think that Korean servers are racist, just go to Gen BBQ.

Pork belly is my favorite

Comment

Working...
                      X