No announcement yet.

Uzbek, Kazakh & Azeri Prospects

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    The Kazakh, Alimkhanuly (i remember him because BBC commentators kept calling him Alan Connelly) turned pro and has had one pro fight, a one round KO of experienced Milton Nunez (33-16-1, 29 ko)
    Alimkhanuly beat Jason Quigley in the final of the world championships in 2013. Classy operator but one of the Azeri's beat him in Rio.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      I made a thread that can help you.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=724090

But i can breakdown some of my favorite prospects.

Azerbaijan:
      Elvin Mamishzada: He is the hardest puncher in the division, explosive, fast, good in the back-foot, was outboxed and frustrated by Zoirov in Rio, he is the current world flyweight champion but i doubt he would turn pro.
      Albert Selimov: Two time Olympian, and amateur world champion, the only man to ever beat Vasyl Lomachenko in the amateurs, he is maybe past his prime and i doubt he would turn pro, but is still a great boxer with beautiful technique, great footwork and skills, a southpaw great in the amateurs.
      Lorenzo Sotomayor: Olympic silver medalist, he was born in Cuba but is fighting for Azerbaijan because he always came second to Yasnier Toledo (Sotomayor beat him in Rio), some people feels like he deserved the gold (i don't) and he is a tall, really tall light-welterweight with speed and an awkward style, is really unpolished sometimes, i doubt he would turn pro.
      Magomedrasul Majidov: Two time world amateur champion, Olympic bronze medalist, a huge puncher that would make a really fun pro, but he is kinda old and i doubt he would turn pro.

Kazahkstan:
      Daniyar Yeleussinov: World and Olympic champion, 2013 and 2014 AIBA boxer of the year, 2015 silver medalist at the world championships, he is a GREAT talent, he is one of the best talents in boxing, incredible skills and reflexes, crazy hand and foot speed, awesome counters and timing, he is a great boxer that can be a p4p star if he turns pro, he can make some mistakes like leaving his mouth wide open or slapping a lot, but he is awesome and i heard he can turn pro (his brother is already a pro).
      Zhanibek Alimkhanuly: Amateur world champion, robbed in the 2016 Olympics, his chin leaves doubts, but he is a complete boxer with great footwork, speed, timing, combinations and power, if his chin holds up he can be a p4p star, he is already pro with a record of 1-0 (1 KO).
      Vassiliy Levit: 2016 Olympic silver medalist, but the truth is that he was victim of one of the worst robberies in Olympic history, he is a good boxer with power, decent speed and skills in the back-foot, can be a good pro and i don't know if he is turning pro but he should and would be a top contender at cruiser and heavyweight.

Uzbekistan:
      Hasanboy Dusmatov: The Val Barker winner and Olympic champion barely lost a round in Rio, showing skills, speed and great footwork with awesome punch selection, a promoter said that he signed Dusmatov but it ended being a lie, he could and should turn pro with chances of becoming the king of the lower weights.
      Shakobidin Zoirov: The fastest hands i saw in Rio, Zoirov put an awesome run in Rio against top boxers and showed besides his incredible hand speed, footwork, pop on his punches, skills and great composure, i wish he turns pro because he is a great talent at flyweight, i doubt he will and i haven't heard anything about it.
      Bektemir Melikuziev: A complete boxer, due his amazing talent he can be unpolished and raw sometimes, but he is great, the silver world champion and Olympic medalist (losing both finals against Arlen Lopez), possesses power, strength, skills, counter-punching ability, speed, footwork and great talent to be a p4p star, criminally underrated in the amateur ranks, i haven't heard anything about him turning pro and i doubt he will.
      Thanks. This is great.

Comment

Never realised that Selimov had changed his allegiance to Azerbaijan. How did that come about?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Never realised that Selimov had changed his allegiance to Azerbaijan. How did that come about?
          They paid him...

None of the Azeri boxers are Azeri they're from other countries brought in by the oil money

Comment

Sorry to Dr Rumack for hijacking thread with a non eastern euro...

But top amateur Mohammed Rabbi just turned pro with G. Hyde.

Moroccan, won gold at 2015 Am world champs (beat Yelleusinov), Bronze at Rio, 23 yrs old.

One to watch out for? I havent seen him myself so not sure about style or anything. Big David Price just tweeted about it

Comment

Alimkhanuly beat Jason Quigley in the final of the world championships in 2013. Classy operator but one of the Azeri's beat him in Rio.
              Very close fight which he was unlucky to lose iirc.

Comment

Never thought I'd see 'Mohammed' and 'Rabbi' in the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Any news on Levit, the Ukrainian who who was robbed blind at HW by the Russian?

Be surprised if he stayed Am after that.
                  Levit is Kazakh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazakh Boxing View Post
                    Levit is Kazakh.
                    If he lives in Kazakhstan it doesn't mean he's ethnic Kazakh.

He's ethnic Ukranian who was born in Kazakhstan, probably more than 25% of Kazakhstan's population are Russians and Ukranians, the same with Golovkin who's not Kazakh, but half Russian/half Korean

Because Selimov is Azerbaijani, even if he was born in Russia that doesn't change his ethnicity

Comment

I actually like this young prospect from Russia, he's Dagestani, turned pro at the young age (he's only 21) so there's a lot of room to improve, and even if his resume consisting of low quality fighters (which is logical at this point of his career) he looks impressive walking through them. Good defense and offense, speed and some power in his punches. But the fact that he's signed with Ryabinky is disappointing - that means his career will go nowhere, he needs some contract with American promoters

Check these two fights and tell me what you think

Last edited by g27region; 12-23-2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X