Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This version of Wilder gets mauled by Fury.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    The ''bootydew'' fight will have to do....Fury will make sure there will be no rematch.
    Why would Fury run from a guy he battered?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I don't like Wilder chances if he stands around and waits for something against Fury I think Fury pretty much does what he did against Wlad because the perfect opportunities will not just appear they may be there but they are not obvious. IF Wilder is aggressive the chances will be much more apparent and plentiful of course Fury could land something nice but Fury rarely commits fully and by the time he would come to that conclusion it may already be too late.

Would be interesting to see what Wilder would do if Fury got more aggressive though, that would certainly throw him off I would imagine.
      Good post. I saw Fury turn pro, I’m not surprised he became a champ, and he was extra pear shaped back then. Wilder only needs one like no one else, still losing each round ( like a lot of people had ) is never a good strategy. One day the KO won’t come, it didn’t against Fury the first time. I’m aware he got two knockdowns and that shows how devastating his power, but it wasent enough to win the fight. Him being patient and getting the one punch KO vs Ortiz is impressive. Still I like his chances best when he’s bombing away out there. Maybe he’s limited his chances of getting kod which which makes him a better fighter? I always worry about a fighter running out of time. Still I guess the best do get it done. Getting outpointed isn’t getting kod I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
        Good post. I saw Fury turn pro, I’m not surprised he became a champ, and he was extra pear shaped back then. Wilder only needs one like no one else, still losing each round ( like a lot of people had ) is never a good strategy. One day the KO won’t come, it didn’t against Fury the first time. I’m aware he got two knockdowns and that shows how devastating his power, but it wasent enough to win the fight. Him being patient and getting the one punch KO vs Ortiz is impressive. Still I like his chances best when he’s bombing away out there. Maybe he’s limited his chances of getting kod which which makes him a better fighter? I always worry about a fighter running out of time. Still I guess the best do get it done. Getting outpointed isn’t getting kod I guess.
        The goal is winning the fight and winning rounds is just a means to that end but if a guy has that sort of power the best way of limiting risk may be giving away rounds and just finding that knockout. These are heavies and even a light hitter like Fury can still hit really hard when he commits.

Still having options to win is the better way to go and I am much more in favor of a fighter being proactive than reactive, sitting and waiting is a reactive move it can work but eventually it won't. Being proactive a guy may still lose but at least in that case they will have made the fight difficult, a guy sitting around and waiting is pretty easy to beat really because mistakes like the ones Wilder feasts on are more common when an opponent is forced to make them rather than just being allowed to mess up.

I will say this though Wilder's reputation as a puncher is something that weighs on an opponent because they know all it takes is one mistake so that does do some work for him. Plus over confidence is something that works in his favor because if a guy is having success it may seem simple but one little lapse and a guy is getting wheeled out on a stretcher. So beyond skill and ability a guy needs to be strong enough mentally to deal with that. Fury at his best does have that sort mental strength but he does kind of clown around too but that is part of what makes the rematch interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Fury makes his opponents pay. You didnt watch the fight.
          Bullshyte! I appreciate the style that Fury uses and he’s very good at it but let’s not pretend like he’s some sharp counter punch just looking for the opportunity to land something big. He just doesn’t fight that way.

Comment

Fury had Wilder doing the bootydew. He had Wilder on skates.
            When? I realize this fits your agenda but it’s simply not true.

Comment

Yeah. Why did Fury pull out of the rematch? And Fury hasn’t been near a quality fighter since.

Comment

^^^^ Hits harder than Fury

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  The goal is winning the fight and winning rounds is just a means to that end but if a guy has that sort of power the best way of limiting risk may be giving away rounds and just finding that knockout. These are heavies and even a light hitter like Fury can still hit really hard when he commits.

Still having options to win is the better way to go and I am much more in favor of a fighter being proactive than reactive, sitting and waiting is a reactive move it can work but eventually it won't. Being proactive a guy may still lose but at least in that case they will have made the fight difficult, a guy sitting around and waiting is pretty easy to beat really because mistakes like the ones Wilder feasts on are more common when an opponent is forced to make them rather than just being allowed to mess up.

I will say this though Wilder's reputation as a puncher is something that weighs on an opponent because they know all it takes is one mistake so that does do some work for him. Plus over confidence is something that works in his favor because if a guy is having success it may seem simple but one little lapse and a guy is getting wheeled out on a stretcher. So beyond skill and ability a guy needs to be strong enough mentally to deal with that. Fury at his best does have that sort mental strength but he does kind of clown around too but that is part of what makes the rematch interesting.
                  The drain on the nervous system must be immense knowing u can’t afford to make many if any big mistakes. U can take chances against a lighter puncher. I think Fury has a great mindset and he knows what he is. But he has to be good all night to beat a guy like Wilder. Wilder needs only one second. Still from what we’ve seen running out of time seems more likely than Wilder being kod. I’m looking forward to the rematch also. Intrigued to see what changes there are or if any for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    When? I realize this fits your agenda but it’s simply not true.
                    In the 12th round and I believe once before that as well.

Comment

In the 12th round and I believe once before that as well.
                      What fight were you watching? It certainly wasn’t Wilder/Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X