Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Usyk Should Fight Whyte, Chisora or Oquendo First

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    Kabayel will be a good starting point. We have kuzmin, spilka, he can even try takam, price, Allen or journeyman Kelvin Johnson.

There are lots of options out there.
    No money in fighting Kuzmin,Szpilka,Takam,Price,Allen and Johnson. Keep in mind that Usyk is now a PPV fighter and made Millions in his last 2 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Oquendo?

Winner of Whyte-Chisora or Povetkin before a shot at Joshua. I don't believe they'll risk that though. He wants that Joshua pay day.
      No. He wants to become Undisputed World Heavyweight Champ. The initial plan for him since 2013 was to become Undisputed World Cruiserweight Champ. Then move up to Heavyweight and win World titles there. Usyk is not the guy who is in for the money. Trust me I am Ukrainian and watched all his Interviews and that of his promoter & manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomar View Post
        Whyte, Parker, Chisora, Joyce, and/or Breazeale. Not Oquendo...
        Chisora is a journeyman. If the Whyte fight can't be made for April/May then Usyk should fight Parker instead. Breazeale will keep that WBC mandatory sport hostage. Joyce would fight Usyk only in 2020.

Comment

Luis Ortiz vs Usyk

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Ortiz is back with Matchroom and would be perfect for Usyk's first fight at HW. He's only a tubby cruiserweight himself.
            I was gonna say that too but I’m sure they want no parts of Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
              No money in fighting Kuzmin,Szpilka,Takam,Price,Allen and Johnson. Keep in mind that Usyk is now a PPV fighter and made Millions in his last 2 fights.
              Which HW fighters are you proposing then? Mind it will not be nice to start him with a top 15 HW.

Comment

someone like Breazeale wouldn't be bad.

Usyk is far better than him but he's a good test in terms of size and fighting a much taller man.

if he moves up and just whoops a decent heavyweight that it 6'2", it probably doesn't do a lot for him in terms of training and preparing for the bigger guys.

Comment

Amazing how Fres is still in any boxing conversations. Let that man be!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Former two division world champion Paulie Malignaggi was ringside on Saturday night at Manchester Arena, and watched Oleksandr Usyk (16-0, 12 KOs) retain his WBC, WBO, IBF, WBA cruiserweight titles with an eight round knockout of former beltholder Tony Bellew.
                    [Click Here To Read More]

Can he take a punch because Chisora, Whyte, Takam can bang. Sounds like a hard way to be introduced to the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamsmoke89 View Post
                      I was gonna say that too but I’m sure they want no parts of Ortiz
                      Ortiz is not an aggressive, attacking fighter who would come forward and try to use his weight to bully Usyk, like Whyte would do.

Ortiz is a reactive counter puncher. He is made for Usyk to look good against, imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X