Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest fighter not to make it into the IBHOF (yet)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Hamed is in the Hall of Fame.

Greatest that's not inducted? Jones, Hopkins, Mayweather, Marquez, Pacquaio but not yet eligible.

Greatest that's not included but eligible? I'll say Gilberto Roman. He was a masterful boxer and had a great run and beat some other guys that could and should make the hall.
    Is Hamed in now? i must have missed that

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Is Hamed in now? i must have missed that
      Yeah I believe he was inducted last summer.

Comment

Rodolfo Gonzalez, Rafael Herrera and Chucho Castillo

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Straight of the bat, I could mention Ayub Kalule and Dariusz Michalszewski.
          You think Kalule is HOF worthy?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Esteban De Jesus should be in.

There's no shame in losing at lightweight to Roberto Duran, and beating Duran at that weight is a tremendous credit to him.
            Add in that DeJesus has other quality scalps on his belt and he gets my vote as well

Comment

I'd say DeJesus is right near the top of the list as well. With Booker now in, I think there aren't a lot of glaring holes.

Comment

Estaban DeJesus is in the HOF. The WBHOF.

I have had this discussion before but the WBHOF has always been considered a legitimate HOF until a few years ago.

Every since the day he was inducted DeJesus has always been listed as a "HOFer" Duran beat.

To answer the question; Pone Kingpetch.

Most of the guys who I wanted to get in for years are now in I.e Cocoa Kid, Eddie Booker, Ken Overlin etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Estaban DeJesus is in the HOF. The WBHOF.

I have had this discussion before but the WBHOF has always been considered a legitimate HOF until a few years ago.

Every since the day he was inducted DeJesus has always been listed as a "HOFer" Duran beat.

To answer the question; Pone Kingpetch.

Most of the guys who I wanted to get in for years are now in I.e Cocoa Kid, Eddie Booker, Ken Overlin etc etc etc
                  Why did the switch happen? IBHoF is the one everyone talks about nowadays, and pretty much since ive been a hardcore fan (about 10-12 years or so)

Havent seen Kingpetch but heard a lot about him. Will check him out if there is good stuff on YT

Comment

Whenever we're discussing HOFers - like who fought the most, who beat the most, etc. - we're only counting the IBHOF HOFers. Not just here, but on all other boxing sites, this is common practice. We don't even have to specify what kind of HOFers we're talking about, since we all take it for granted, that we mean the IBHOF.

It's Kind of like when we're talking about "world" champs, where there's a general understanding, that we only count "the big four"... WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Why did the switch happen? IBHoF is the one everyone talks about nowadays, and pretty much since ive been a hardcore fan (about 10-12 years or so)

Havent seen Kingpetch but heard a lot about him. Will check him out if there is good stuff on YT
                      Wasn't a switch per say, just if you were in you were in the WBHOF you were considered a HOF'er. The WBHOF was actually around first.

They stopped inducting members around 2010. I guess that's when people just decided to stop considering it legitimate for some reason. I think that's silly. So what if a new HOF starts one day and the IBHOF stop inducting members? Do we scratch all their members too?

Anyway, I'll always consider WBHOFers to be HOFers. Always have so don't see why I'd have any reason to stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X