Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did prime mike tyson have the feet to be fleetfooted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get on youtube and watch the old footage, Mike was so fast that it looked like it was fast forward. He was fast and powerful (both hands) with great defense.
    Also body punches and uppercuts that would kill or seriously hurt an average person. Combos that no heavyweight ever had, hook to body then uppercut.
    Best ever talent wise, he had it all in the ring, people always said he didn't have heart or a chin, not true, his psychological issues were his downfall, but if he didn't have a rough life, he might have never been a fighter.

Guess this tells you how bad the heavyweight division is today, we all would love to have a young Tyson come along right now, it would bring back excitement to the heavys.

Comment

• lol this thread is back!

Comment

• Let me answer the question.

Mike Tyson is a boxing genius.

But not on the level of Cus Damato.

Mike Tyson could have boxed with any style and been better than average.

Cus Damato developed the best style for Tyson. But Tyson could have been fleet footed. He could have used a shoulder roll and check hooked people.

He wasn't a perfect boxer. But he was a tremendous boxer. He used a style which worked. But he could have fought differently. Perhaps not with the same success. But there's no reason he couldn't have done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
          Get on youtube and watch the old footage, Mike was so fast that it looked like it was fast forward. He was fast and powerful (both hands) with great defense.
          Also body punches and uppercuts that would kill or seriously hurt an average person. Combos that no heavyweight ever had, hook to body then uppercut.
          Best ever talent wise, he had it all in the ring, people always said he didn't have heart or a chin, not true, his psychological issues were his downfall, but if he didn't have a rough life, he might have never been a fighter.

Guess this tells you how bad the heavyweight division is today, we all would love to have a young Tyson come along right now, it would bring back excitement to the heavys.
          Look up the highlight video, "Mike Tyson brutal knockouts" by Johan Lofgren.

A quote: "If I know, if I hit him in the body and I see that hurts, Imma hit him in the body at least 20 more times."--Mike Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by catskills23 View Post
            I know it wouldnt of suited tysons style but did prime mike tyson have the feet to be fleet footed, to be able to get up on his toes and move around the ring like ali ? .
            Definatley,you are talking about one of the most gifted athletes of all time ,if he could do the peekaboo style to near perfection he could surely just run around the ring,he had severely underatted foot work.

Comment

• Epic thread!!!!!

Comment

• Was the original question ever definitively answered?

Comment

• Originally posted by NAB View Post
                  Was the original question ever definitively answered?
                  I remember a few of the more knowledge posters having a serious go at it, and then after 100 pages or so someone actually found a video of an amateur fight where Tyson was up on his toes, moving around the ring.

Comment

• Yeah. So did Brandon Rios.

Comment

• After all these years have passed and I still don't known if prime Tyson had the feet to be fleetfooted. Its is my life long ambition to uncover the truth. Please tell me.

Comment

Working...
                      X