Vinnie Paul, PanterA's drummer, dead at 54

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
    Heartbroken.

Early 2000's, I was depressed beyond what I can describe, it was a dark time. I didn't searched for God even though I knew he was always watching over me, but he works in mysterious ways when you're not under his protection.

I believe God allowed me to discover Metal because I needed something to hang on to, something to look forward to when I didn't even want to wake up. Pantera was a huge band that wrote songs I could relate to, their music helped me and I'm sure it helped others as well. Thank you, for giving me a hand when I needed it.

Title song is what best describes me now:

I
    Fockin horrible music

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      I know man. After Dimebag was killed, Vinnie Paul was held at gunpoint by the killer before a cop shot him and saved Vinnie.

Not sure if their father is still alive, but he was a huge influence in getting his sons into music.

I remember this funny story Dimebag mentioned in an article. He said Vinnie brought home a tuba from music class and their dad said, "what are you doing with that? You're not gonna make any money playing that thing." Lol

Dime and Vinnie were actually both drummers/percussionists, but Dimebag said Vinnie was way better, so he picked up the guitar instead.

Nice story, man. Always loved their song "Walk." They had a very cool style.

RIP Vinnie

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post

Nice story, man. Always loved their song "Walk." They had a very cool style.

RIP Vinnie

Yeah, I went through something similar. In 8th grade I started music class. My friends thought I would play something cool like a saxophone or a trumpet. They ran out of trumpets, so I picked the flute because it was smaller than a tuba.

They were like, "what the **** is that? You're not gonna get laid playing that thing." Hahaha

I ended up switching to percussion/drums by the end of the semester. Still didn't get laid though.

Comment

Love Pantera. Still got my drumstick that he threw out to the audience back in 95.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            I'm listening to Vulgar Display of Power straight through! Rock on, boys!
            Sorry men only. Bit.h.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              Sorry men only. Bit.h.

If I didn't truly believe that all men are created equal I'd humiliate you right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                If I didn't truly believe that all men are created equal I'd humiliate you right now.
                What should i say thankyou for not humiliating me?

Comment

I remember hearing about Pantera on a ****in Mighty Ducks movie of all things, and asked my dad to buy me their live album 101 proof. That was the very beginning of my love affair with metal music. I got Vulgar Display Of Power next because I thought the cover looked awesome and it's still one of my favorite records. The Abbot brothers are legends in the game and will never be forgotten. I know Vince mentioned some Damageplan material that he hoped to release one day, but we'll probably never hear it now.

I wonder how Phil feels about this. He's been open to a reconciliation with Vince for many years now but Vince made it clear he never wanted anything to do with him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                    Fockin horrible music

Comment

Working...
                    X