Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Mikey Now a 147-Pounder, He's Better Than Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Why do you write in Dutch???

"That's just because it's fight week and because you've heard Garcia blow for 5 weeks that he sees something in Spence that he can take advantage of.
    Now they will say that he is better and has better technique than Spence is faster but I think that is **** nonsense,
    I am not at all convinced that Garcia is technically better and certainly not faster.
    Have you seen the photos what a height difference and how much Spence's arms are going to be longer?
    How is Garcia going to get close to him?
    I have never seen him fight like this, he usually fights from a distance, then it will not work at Spence because that is far too good for that and his arms are far too long,
    far too much power, `Lamont Peterson is such a big, strong and muscular man and you saw him being cut off quickly by Spence, If Garcia will have trouble hitting Spence as I suspect it won't be long because Spence is a monster,
    and even though he can hit Spence, his power did not do much in the 140 class against Lipinets, what will his power mean in 147 for which Spence is already great, think it will be over within 6 rounds"...
    The guy i was quoting is from the netherlands so just for the heck of it)))
    You speak dutch too?

Comment

• Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
      The guy i was quoting is from the netherlands so just for the heck of it)))
      You speak dutch too?
      No... but I use Google Translate since long, log ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
        Mikey had dropped Salido 47 times and didn’t need to continue with a broken nose. Broken by a blatant head butt
        47 times? smh IF Mikey was so dominant, why didn't he just finish Salido? The fact is that he couldn't, and Salido just kept coming, and Mikey couldn't keep him off of him, and was beginning to fade and gas.

Comment

Even if those where the only opponents available the fact also still remains he hasn’t really been tested. Of course he’s dangerous and if the reward wasn’t there no one would take it. Risk vs reward, stop making it sound like everybody was running scared. Peterson has had years of uneven performances and fighting once a year, not the elite fighter you make him out to be.

Brook was a real test but the question still remains wether or not GGG had done him in. Brook was actually doing very well in the fight until the injury. If that was all Spence then why isn’t he breaking everybody’s faces?
          The same "faded Peterson" gave Danny Garcia hell, and many thought he did enough to win the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
            The same "faded Peterson" gave Danny Garcia hell, and many thought he did enough to win the fight.
            Five years before the Spence fight bud

Comment

47 times? smh IF Mikey was so dominant, why didn't he just finish Salido? The fact is that he couldn't, and Salido just kept coming, and Mikey couldn't keep him off of him, and was beginning to fade and gas.
              Let me get this straight, so Salido was on his way to a knockout victory? Wishful thinking bud

Comment

Five years before the Spence fight bud
                3 years, bud.

Comment

Let me get this straight, so Salido was on his way to a knockout victory? Wishful thinking bud
                  No, I didn't say that. I said Salido was coming on, and Mikey was fading when the going was getting tough.

Bud Crawford told Mikey not to quit so I guess I'm not the only one that thought that.

Comment

3 years, bud.
                    2 fights in three years is an unsurmountable casm of inactivity for a prime fighter which Peterson hasn’t been since he lost to Tim Bradley. c’mon bud, you know nobody expected Peterson to give Spence much of a challenge

Comment

Working...
                    X