Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder-Fury Has Only Sold 8,000 Tickets; Not A Good Look

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oyins4u View Post
    The 1 million PPV is for both UK and US. I definitely know more numbers will come from the UK than US. This fight should show their value and humble themselves when it comes to negotiating with AJ
    Where did Hearn say that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
      For Joshua wilder you have to be looking st close to 2 mil buys in uk alone. £20x2milx1.3fx = $52mil.

Then Joshua has deals/rights in other countries etc.

If wilder fury makes $21 mil ; then clearly he is no bigger % than now?
      Y'all are really stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        It won’t do 300,000. Why?? Only god knows. You Americans are a weird bunch. It’s a good fight with 2 charismatic Heavyweights. 330 million people reside in the states, surely 500, 000 PPV buys is not asking for too much? No you will rather put your efforts into watching Dodgeball, baseball and reality Tv.

It’s a crying shame how you treat your champion. If he kept his mouth shut we would have embraced him over here. 3 or 4 fights he would have earned enough to retire. Instead he has fought 40 fights and probably made 20 million combined.

It’s with a deep heart that I say it’s actually Wilder that has been milked. How can someone so Gregarious have no commercial deals?

All his fans are on boxingscene and fighthype and I don’t think it will be enough

Yours faithfully

A concerned rival fan
        Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Bro this fight is only going to do 75k us ppv buys who are you trying to kid?
        The conversation aint about how much it'll sell. It's about revenue generated based off 1 mil UK sales & 1 mil US sales. 1 mil US sales is more than double 1 mil UK sales in revenue. Right?

Comment

• This the same scum bag who tried to sign both Fury and Wilder, Suck Zone will be dropping this fool soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            I'm suprised by the lack of promotion for this fight. No 24/7, no tear jerker documentaries, nothing.
            Now this I agree. It's hard to promote a fight hiding behind the scenes and pulling strings. Whoever is selling this fight needs to be seen and heard. Wilder has done more than his share of trying to stir interest, create a buzz and awareness for this event. He has been seen and heard on social media numerous times doing interviews about the fight. However, the promoters have not. Whoever his promoter is. They have done a very botched up job of selling this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
              Yes it will do good numbers just not the kind it should. I remember telling a casual at work I was gonna go home and watch the big fight. He started naming of mma guys and I said no. Boxing wilder vs Ortiz. He said oh that talk guy. I said yeah. So his name is getting around.
              Lololololol

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Stop. Just stop. You know when PPV is talked about it's talked about total revenue generated. Stop with the spin
                Its has nothing to do with the spin.....the facts are only half of the ppv total go to the promotion , network showing it and fighters in the states....so its not 70 dollars
                In the uk which is where i am from gumbo sky box office show the fight on there own network and have the full revenue from there broadcasts.....yes its cheaper at only 25 dolllars a buy but they don't lose half like what ppv does in the states.
                You want proof gumbo ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Once again not understanding the American Market and being on the outside looking in. 20K Arena in one of the most EXPENSIVE Cities in the US. Forget just getting tickets, even Hotels in Los Angeles are expensive and wait until out of towners going to Los Angeles experience that Traffic as well as Parking Prices they might never go back to Los Angeles again for an event. Los Angeles is a last minute, last second city so it will be a rush at the last minute that is just how Los Angeles is even for Lakers and Dodgers Games

But No the Event will do well but nothing close to 1 Million obviously and 2.5 Million? Yeah Wilder just mumbles some ridiculous Stuff sometimes but it shows that even he is new to all this and is not aware of the market in his own country
                  However, is it really the fighters job to sell the fight or the promoters they hire in order to sell the fight? For his part; Wilder has done numerous amount of interviews on social media, in order to create an awareness, buzz and interest for this fight.

While his managers/promoters have not. All they have done thus far, it seems is just to sit on their hands doing nothing. I haven't seen them on social media, television, radio, print media or nothing. So what is he paying these guys for. They are not doing their jobs.

At least Eddie Hearn keeps a high profile. He appears on social media everyday. He is in the spotlight. He is not behind the scenes in the dark pulling strings. He is out there hustling trying to make fights and sign new fighters.

However, I don't see Team Wilder doing any of that. I wonder how do they expect to sell a fight by sitting in the dark behind the scenes pulling strings? Wilder needs a real promoter to do its job.

Comment

• Originally posted by lets rumble View Post
                    No he can keep his titles and never fight in the boxing capital of the world dimwit !!!!
                    america is finished as the top boxing destination in the world.....your heavyweight who walks down any street in new york and no one recognises him.
                    A nation where MMA , basketball,baseball,,football are national sports and boxing is now second fiddle on all your networks.
                    Yesh right the top destination in the world lol
                    Go wembley stadium and a 90k packed stadium and it puts your shows to shame now.
                    You live in the past and its time yiu woke the fcuk up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      You're wrong. UK promoter is paying sizable portion out to PPV provider just like US promoter is. Whether that's InDemand in the US or Sky Box Office in the UK.
                      im saying sky run the whole show from charging the amount ,showing it on there own network and own there own in channels.
                      Yiu mss the point gumbo.
                      PPV is 50% for comcast, time warner etc ...50% for HBO or showtime and fight promotion so that 50% is split between those two.
                      SkY get 50% and the fighters promotion get the other 50% in the uk.
                      They don't have a comcast taking out the pot 1st .

Comment

Working...
                      X