No announcement yet.

Is Inoue the most overrated fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    The real racists are people like yourself with racism on the brain that don't come here to discuss the sport they'd rather cry racism at any opportunity. I'm a fan of many smaller weight fighters are we really going to pretend that these lower weights aren't typically full of Japanese fighters and pretend that many, many far from truly world class fighters don't win titles in them very regular?

Here's a list; Sonny boy Jaro, Adrian Hernandez, Kono, Kameda, Concepcion, Igarashi, Hirales etc etc

The problem is so many journeymen\low level fighters becoming world champions and losing to fellow terrible fighters. Beating them doesn't mean an awful lot. That's a big reason why people don't care about the lower weights.
    "Oh he beat *insert some unpronounceable name here*'' like you're supposed to be impressed or something? Its like he's 19-5, 5 losses to journeymen, zero wins over top 10 opposition and won a vacant belt against someone even worse. Its pathetic.
    I've been through this with these lunatics before and called a 'japanese hater'. We are all meant to be in awe of him beating old navaez who didn't win one round against donaire and a weight drained level McDonnell

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      I've been through this with these lunatics before and called a 'japanese hater'. We are all meant to be in awe of him beating old navaez who didn't win one round against donaire and a weight drained level McDonnell

They criticise others that are far more accomplished.
      He's a knockout artist I get why people are excited but the hype and expectation is crazy.

Even at his best Jamie McDonnell is nothing too write home about. He lost multiple times at British level, got an outrageous decision vs Solis thought to be old and past it. Ceja, Jamoye, Ian Napa were debatable even one of the Kameda fights was heavily disputed. He could have 6+ losses. And apparently beating him when he's terribly drained makes you P4P.

Comment

He can prove himself in the WBSS...so we will soon see

Comment

In no order how can anyone have him ranked over Lomachenko, Sor Rungvisai, Usyk, Canelo, Spence, GGG, Estrada, Chocolatito, Smith, Crawford, Mikey, Manny, Nietes, LSC, Frampton
          I could go on but the point is he doesn't belong anywhere near a P4P list

He shouldn't even be above a Gervonta Davis.
          Pedraza is better than both McDonnell brothers combined.

Comment

Inoue also beat Taguchi, who became unified champ after that fight

Comment

Not overrated at all, watching him box you could tell he's a solid fighter. You cant use McDonnell being weight-drained as an excuse, he ultimately chooses to fight at that weight. Ultimately he demolished McDonnell who had near enough a 5 inch height advantage and a 4 inch reach advantage, a guy who had never been stopped (and if you saw many of McDonnell's fights you would no the reason why, he's very cagey) and Inoue blew him away in 1 round.

The guy is still only 25 so he has plenty of time to fight the big names.

Comment

Jamie was fighting at that weight for over ten years, but only now is he “massively weight drained”

Comment

I don't think he's overrated. In fact, he's not praised enough for what he's actually achieved. Look at how many articles are written about him on this site. Very little.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    not just of today but in history?

Many mock Broner for being grossly overrated at the time and a hypejob. GGG may of been a bit overrated but both accomplished more than Inoue.
                    Both have wayyy better resumes. A weight drained Jamie McDonnell is enough to get people on these stupid, mythical P4P lists.
                    Jamie McDonnell on his best day isn't even as good as like Daniel Geale, not even a top 5 win for GGG nevermind that shell that could barely walk unaided.

Inoue hasn't fought anyone remotely decent. Have you seen his resume and who he beat for those straps? He did that by avoiding every single fighter worth a damn. Didn't fight one. And don't tell us guys like Chocalatito, Cuadras, Estrada were shook

In this era especially these straps mean little its who you beat.

Go look at his resume and don't even pretend you don't know who 90% are.

This guy isn't P4P anything no matter what criteria you want to apply to suit your agenda.
                    Even now he's signed to that tournament its a step towards proving himself but lets not pretend they're anymore proven than he is.
                    I'm not saying he won't deserve credit and he does for even entering but lets not go overboard in truth we don't really know how good they are either until they fight each other.

As of right now Inoue is disgustingly overrated. You claim he's P4P I say you're one step away from these MMA goons that think some 130lb soaking wet actor beats Mike Tyson in a St fight.
                    I think he is overrated cuse his up and coming fighter thats KOs everybody ,this kind of fighters are allways hyped,buut watching him you can clearly see his very solid fighter and if he wins Tournament i will put him on P4P list.

Its hard to find fighters with very good resumes in this lower devs but Taguchi ,Adrian Hernandez,Narvaez and McDonnell are solid names ,Inoue is only 25yo so he have plenty of time to upgrade his resume.

Inoue have quite good defense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZR_fpDVXUc its only a highlights but it gives you some idea.

if you go by resume Canelo is P4P number 1 with out a daubt.

Comment

Overrated? Nah no one is comparing him to Tyson and Ali roll in one. If he was British or American they would be calling him SRR right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X