Floyd retired
    klitschko on the way out
    cotto
    froch
    hatton
    pacquiao almost gone

Still love boxing of course but it's a new era now folks

Arent we roughly the same age (thirty)?

I felt like 'my' era, the fighters I watched as a teenager, like MORALES, Barrera, Oscar, Lennox, etc retired.

The guard is changing though.

Comment

pacquiao is currently the only boxer who is still champion and was champion in the 90s. And Klitschko and Firat Arslan are the only other guys who debuted in the 1990s and are still in the top10 rankings.

Comment

Sutherland & Rainford also retired

Comment

When you say it has been 10 years (this December) since Floyd Mayweather fought Ricky Hatton... or over 11 years since Joe Calzaghe beat Jeff Lacy (March 2006)... I remember both of those fights like they were last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Hammer View Post
            When you say it has been 10 years (this December) since Floyd Mayweather fought Ricky Hatton... or over 11 years since Joe Calzaghe beat Jeff Lacy (March 2006)... I remember both of those fights like they were last weekend.
            i remember hatton-floyd i had to listen on radio 5 live

Comment

How do you define "your" era as a boxing fan? I didn't know fans restricted themselves to a specific era.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Hammer View Post
                It's been 9 years since Marquez-Pacquiao II also.....kinda weird......

Comment

My initial era was when Mike Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, De La Hoya, Trinidad, Vargas, Morales, Barrera, Jones Jr., Hopkins, Toney, Tsyzu, Mosley, Judah, etc....were fighting. That's when I first started following boxing religously.

So this is my second time going through the ending of an era and the start of a new era.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    It's been 9 years since Marquez-Pacquiao II also.....kinda weird......
                    It's been over 10 years since he first Vazquez - R. Marquez fight. Feels like a lifetime ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X