Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley, Laila Ali Entering The Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mosley, Laila Ali Entering The Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame

Laila Ali will become the first child of a Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame inductee to be enshrined when she is inducted into the NVBHOF on Saturday, August 18 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Tickets to the induction gala, priced from $95 to $500, go on sale at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT today and can be purchased at www.nvbhof.com (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nevada-boxing-hall-of-fame-6th-annual-induction-dinner-tickets-43144441185) Caesars Palace is once again offering a discounted room rate for the event. Rooms can be reserved now via this link: Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Congratulations on a very deserving achievement!

Comment

Nice. And nice to Chris Byrd getting there. Among my favorite all time HW's.

Comment

I have always been a Byrd fan, and while I think HOF is a bit much for him, he deserves some kind of recognition for his efforts and even achieving a bit at HW for being undersized with no punch.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Laila Ali will become the first child of a Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame inductee to be enshrined when she is inducted into the NVBHOF on Saturday, August 18 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Tickets to the induction gala, priced from $95 to $500, go on sale at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT today and can be purchased at www.nvbhof.com (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nevada-...ts-43144441185) Caesars Palace is once again offering a discounted room rate for the event. Rooms can be reserved now via this link: Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame.
          [Click Here To Read More]

remove all of the non-boxers, and I agree

the world is full of successful CEO's, businessmen, senators..... who also have little to do with actual boxing

if you did not face a world-class opponent who was hellbent on punching your face in, then you should not be in the HOF, for ANY reason..... make a different HOF to recognize the office-workers

fighters > office-workers

Comment

Mosley did not deserve that 2nd win against Oscar and its WRONG it wasnt reversed! If Mosley admitted to injecting himself with EPO before the fight then why wasnt the call automatically reversed - regardless of how long after the cheating was discovered? ......Providing Mosley didn't cheat his whole career, he deserves this admiration & recognition - the shine will be apropos! .....He certainly didn't cheat when he wiped the floor with that brilliant performance against Margacheato!!

Oscar was labeled by Teddy Atlas as always losing the "big ones" - but that aint true. Arguably Oscar also won the rematch IN the ring even though Mosley put that crap in his bloodstream.......but arguably or not Oscar DESERVES that win.......he should get it retroactively from the powers that be.......let him get a "big one"......

Comment

Congrats Shane!

Comment

Sweet Aaron Pryor too? He nearly killed Alexis Arguello with deadly performance enhancing drugs and he gets inducted to the HOF right alongside him.

When does Panama Lewis get in?

Comment

#HEKNEW

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    Sweet Aaron Pryor too? He nearly killed Alexis Arguello with deadly performance enhancing drugs and he gets inducted to the HOF right alongside him.

When does Panama Lewis get in?
                    Sad......he said it was a "mixture of tap water and perrier"......more likely asthma pills for greater lung capacity. Lewis was found cheating in future bouts, hopefully he never gets in! Of course he denies everything.....If all is true, its good he was banned from boxing - and most likely won't ever be inducted...thats some craziness! He wouldn't be talking about "2nd chances" if he wasnt guilty about something sinister.....That bottle thing will always be a mystery....determining what "liquid" at that time could boost energy or even strength....I'm at a loss.....I was young at the time, too involved with Hulk & Leggos.....

Comment

Working...
                    X