Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone asks you to show them why they should watch boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone asks you to show them why they should watch boxing...

FAVORITE FIGHT
    FAVORITE DISPLAY OF SKILL
    FAVORITE DISPLAY OF TALENT
    MOST DRAMATIC
    SHOCKING/UNEXPECTED

Now many times people cannot get into Boxing cold, especially previous generations of fights when they have no investment in the sport, the business, the story and the fighters themselves.

Watching Foreman knockout Moorer might get responses like "so that was just a fat man knocking out a guy who wasn't good"....mainly because they don't have investment in the story of Foreman's turnaround and comeback. Investment in Moorer shockingly winning the HW title and actually being skillful as the favorite. Moorer kind of laughing off the thought of Foreman winning and feeling like Foreman didn't deserve the fight, etc. Investment in the fact that Foreman wasn't "supposed" to come back and win the HW championship.

So many times we have to keep that in mind. So it can always help your case if you know enough of the fighters and history to explain or even show highlights of before showing the fights you choose above.

I'm just curious which fights you'd choose. They don't necessarily have to be "consensus" by the masses, but simply what you feel fits those categories best.

i would never start now. literally nobody i know watch boxing and i don't blame them. when i talk about it and explain the situation, they ask me why i even bother. being a world champion is nothing special when there are cca 80 of them. when they hear about promoters and tv networks complicating things, i can't even convince them to watch ONE fight, let alone follow this sport.

Comment

Hagler vs Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by drablj View Post
        i would never start now. literally nobody i know watch boxing and i don't blame them. when i talk about it and explain the situation, they ask me why i even bother. being a world champion is nothing special when there are cca 80 of them. when they hear about promoters and tv networks complicating things, i can't even convince them to watch ONE fight, let alone follow this sport.
        Sounds like you're a melodramatic guy that always *****ing to them about boxing I always just invite them to the big fights they usually like it afterwards

Comment

FAVORITE FIGHT
          Bute vs Froch. Good action scrap, good crowd, good all around violence in the ring, great conclusion. In general I really enjoy how the English commentators really rally behind English fighters, nothing wrong with that. Shame I can't find it on youtube anymore would really like to see this one again.

FAVORITE DISPLAY OF SKILL
          Floyd vs Canelo. Even casuals and normies would know these names. Good reactions from the commentators and crowd and good camera work as well.

FAVORITE DISPLAY OF TALENT
          I say David Benavidez. Its easy to say Crawford and Lomchenko but Benavidez ticks all the boxes for talent, hand speed, power, angles, and the way he revs up those hooks is great and he looks like he's having fun in there.

MOST DRAMATIC
          Gatti Ward round 9. Just the way everyone reacts from the boxers themselves, the crowd, Stewart, everyone is losing their **** and Frank Cappuccino letting the fight continue, every single time I watch it I watch the whole thing through.

SHOCKING/UNEXPECTED

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Sounds like you're a melodramatic guy that always *****ing to them about boxing I always just invite them to the big fights they usually like it afterwards
            it's not like that. main events start around 6 AM here. i can't invite people at that time. also, you have to care about something to not sleep because of it. add that no tv channel here shows boxing. we have to stream everything. it's too much effort if you don't care. i somehow convinced one friend to watch ggg-canelo 1. he fell asleep after one round...

Comment

Corrales vs. Castillo

Comment

Tell them to pay you $80, then rob their house 5 hours later

Comment

Make them watch Easter-Barthelemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Make them watch Easter-Barthelemy.
                    Sure, if they're looking for a sleep aid

Comment

Working...