Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name ONE quality opponent Crawford has beaten CLEARLY. I'm calling you out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    From which a resume exists. You don't recognize it as such. I don't care if you call it a curriculum vitae or resume, it doesn't matter. Ultimately, you have tangible output of things you have done that validate what you allegedly know.

The other flaw in your analogy is that an inventor is only as good as what they invent. The guy that invented Oxi-Clean wouldn't have made any money getting pitched by Billy Mays if the product didn't work. It took a PRODUCT.

Once again, you're misunderstanding what a resume is. It's a list of what you've done. Joe Blow can't get up and say he's going to invent the cure for AIDS, walk into the UN claiming that and get any credibility simply because he's wearing a white coat. They would want to see his hypothesis (which can't be plagiarized from other scientists), see examples of his work, see what else he's cured and how. That's a resume, bro!

And all the punching power in the world doesn't mean a damn thing if

A - you can't hit the target
    B - the target has an iron chin
    C - the target outweighs you by a good margin
    D - the target is stronger than you
    E - The target is faster than you
    F - The target is sharper than you
    G - The target has more experience overall than you
    F - The target is more aggressive than you (judges favor aggressive fighters)

See, we call those threats. That's what Crawford has NOT faced yet. A threat.

Carnelo has. Multiple times. He failed ONCE - against The Best to Ever do it.

Spence did - twice. He beat both of them - both champions.

Porter did - three times. He lost two of them - both undefeated champions.

D. Garcia did - twice. He lost to both - one an undefeated champion.

Pacquiao has, more times than you can count, but recently, three times. He lost two of them - one to The Best to Ever do it, one to a guy he took lightly that was undefeated.

Thurman did - three times. He lost to one - Pacquiao, who has arguably the best overall resume of the current crop.

That's what matters. Not that Fighter A "looks like" they coulda/woulda/shoulda do something.
    damn, u killed that guy dead

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      Spence faced a small Garcia naturally 2 divisions below him, a broken Brook right after GG almost blinded him and fought his first real test against Porter and looked ordinary. Thurman beat Porter and didn't look ordinary. Finally his overrated ass has fought someone.

Spence used to be the eye test guy and ranked pfp before he even fought a threat based on sparring Floyd. He beat Algeri and Brook and Peterson which ranked him in the top 10 pfp. So now it's who has Bud fought-coming from a Spence fan. Ass thinking lmao.

Now Spence is a fake ass diva who gets mad if you mention Buds name. Bud was the lineal champion at LW and lineal at JWW. Bud has arrived at WW and the droopy eyed ***** won't fight him.

Spence is a ***** like Joshua and until he fights Bud he doesn't have my respect as a champion. Spence is the Anthony Joshua of the WWs.
      He's fighting Garcia now I believe...a guy Porter and Thurman beat.

I hope Danny kos his overrated ***** ass.
      "Spence fan"? You haven't been paying attention, bro.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...3&postcount=23

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...4&postcount=42

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...4&postcount=32

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...8&postcount=12

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...43&postcount=5

I have consistently been critical of Spence's 'eye test' treatment just like Crawford. The only thing that changed is that now, Spence has beaten a top fighter, CLEARLY and with no asterisks, which Crawford has not.

Spence is still an 'eye test' fighter though and in no way #1 or #2 or even #3 until he beats one more top flight fighter - and if he blows out Danny Garcia or Thurman, there's no way you can't call him P4P at that point.

Terence Crawford HAS BEATEN NOBODY OF NOTE and the three he fought at 147 all have asterisks next to them. He's being hugely overrated by everyone and I won't jump on the train. He's a good fighter, but I don't see anything that qualifies him P4P and won't until he shows me why he should be - by WHO HE BEATS. Not what it 'looks like' he 'could' do. If that means taking a 80/20 split so you can fight the elites over on PBC, you do it so you can get your name out there. IF you think you can get the job done the money shouldn't matter.

Say what you will about Floyd - he gave up everything A-side to fight Oscar because he knew the paydays would come after beating him. That's what you're supposed to do.

TO be honest, I don't even think it's Crawford. I think it's Arum. He wants more money than PBC is willing to pay for a guy whose last fight ended with him throwing a low blow on a low drawing PPV.

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
      i didnt know lacy was rated at number one p4p

who the hell rated him so high ?
      Before he fought Calslappy, Jeff 'Left Hook' Lacy was a HEAVY favorite, hyped as the next coming of Mike Tyson due to his flawed peek-a-boo offense. It wasn't until Calslappy exposed him that people started calling Lacy a bum. But when he was undefeated people had him in the upper numbers of P4P easily - despite not having beaten ANYONE of note. We're talking pundits, not Ring or whatever.
      Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 10-05-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Spencer just faced the first quality opponent of his career and got bullied around the ring and received a gift decision to protect his 0.

Comment

"Spence fan"? You haven't been paying attention, bro.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...3&postcount=23

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...4&postcount=42

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...4&postcount=32

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...8&postcount=12

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...43&postcount=5

I have consistently been critical of Spence's 'eye test' treatment just like Crawford. The only thing that changed is that now, Spence has beaten a top fighter, CLEARLY and with no asterisks, which Crawford has not.

Spence is still an 'eye test' fighter though and in no way #1 or #2 or even #3 until he beats one more top flight fighter - and if he blows out Danny Garcia or Thurman, there's no way you can't call him P4P at that point.

Terence Crawford HAS BEATEN NOBODY OF NOTE and the three he fought at 147 all have asterisks next to them. He's being hugely overrated by everyone and I won't jump on the train. He's a good fighter, but I don't see anything that qualifies him P4P and won't until he shows me why he should be - by WHO HE BEATS. Not what it 'looks like' he 'could' do. If that means taking a 80/20 split so you can fight the elites over on PBC, you do it so you can get your name out there. IF you think you can get the job done the money shouldn't matter.

Say what you will about Floyd - he gave up everything A-side to fight Oscar because he knew the paydays would come after beating him. That's what you're supposed to do.

TO be honest, I don't even think it's Crawford. I think it's Arum. He wants more money than PBC is willing to pay for a guy whose last fight ended with him throwing a low blow on a low drawing PPV.

Before he fought Calslappy, Jeff 'Left Hook' Lacy was a HEAVY favorite, hyped as the next coming of Mike Tyson due to his flawed peek-a-boo offense. It wasn't until Calslappy exposed him that people started calling Lacy a bum. But when he was undefeated people had him in the upper numbers of P4P easily - despite not having beaten ANYONE of note. We're talking pundits, not Ring or whatever.
          The fact that you mentioned Jeff Lacy and Bud shows the lunacy that you're speaking. That analogy is just about downright pathetic and is showing how clueless your opinion is on this topic.

What you say about Bud not fighting anyone is your opinion. And what I say about Spence is my opinion.

Bud didn't become pfp #1 on this so called armchair outlook of the eye test thingy. He's become the lineal champ in two divisions which means that he's fought who he need to fight to become a lineal champion or undisputed champion.

The name fighters are at WW. They weren't at LW or JWW. That doesn't mean that they couldn't fight.

Bud didn't avoided anyone at 135 or 140. He's looking to fight any one of the champs at 147. They're just hiding behind the hate for Arum...PBC thing. Bud is caught up in the politics of boxing.

Bud should petition all of the boxing organizations to rank him the #1 contender at WW. Then we'll see who truly wants to fight Bud.

Spence is overrated in the worst way and he's just an average boxer who is big for the division and winning on using his size. Bud will beat his ass and Spence knows it. Spence took on a small guy, a damaged guy and the 4th best WW and him and his fans are talking about Bud ain't fought anyone of note.

Bud beat the man who beat Pac regardless of who you think won that fight and has the WBO title that Spence himself said he should get. Bud is pfp the best for a reason and it ain't because of this armchair eye test outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Spencer just faced the first quality opponent of his career and got bullied around the ring and received a gift decision to protect his 0.
            Spence won the fight but his style is ugly. The Spence fans whosaid that Spence would just overwhelm and ko Porter....are truly the clueless individuals.

They belittled Porter and then gave him props after he gave Spence a tough fight. They didn't know how tough Porter was. They then went on and started criticizing Bud and then his resume. It's expected after this fight.

Spence said that he was the one who sold the ppv fight to the public. Mofo can't even speak and had the nerve to come out and say that. Porter was clear in what he said because he speaks clearly. Spence doesn't sell ppvs. Him and his opponents do. He ain't Floyd or Dlh. Debating Bud/Spence has become a bit irritating just like Wilder and Joshua did.

Comment

The fact that you mentioned Jeff Lacy and Bud shows the lunacy that you're speaking. That analogy is just about downright pathetic and is showing how clueless your opinion is on this topic.

What you say about Bud not fighting anyone is your opinion. And what I say about Spence is my opinion.

Bud didn't become pfp #1 on this so called armchair outlook of the eye test thingy. He's become the lineal champ in two divisions which means that he's fought who he need to fight to become a lineal champion or undisputed champion.

The name fighters are at WW. They weren't at LW or JWW. That doesn't mean that they couldn't fight.

Bud didn't avoided anyone at 135 or 140. He's looking to fight any one of the champs at 147. They're just hiding behind the hate for Arum...PBC thing. Bud is caught up in the politics of boxing.

Bud should petition all of the boxing organizations to rank him the #1 contender at WW. Then we'll see who truly wants to fight Bud.

Spence is overrated in the worst way and he's just an average boxer who is big for the division and winning on using his size. Bud will beat his ass and Spence knows it. Spence took on a small guy, a damaged guy and the 4th best WW and him and his fans are talking about Bud ain't fought anyone of note.

Bud beat the man who beat Pac regardless of who you think won that fight and has the WBO title that Spence himself said he should get. Bud is pfp the best for a reason and it ain't because of this armchair eye test outlook.
              Hol up. Wait a minute.

You're not seriously saying that beating Jeff Horn is what qualifies Crawford as P4P?

Comment

Hol up. Wait a minute.

You're not seriously saying that beating Jeff Horn is what qualifies Crawford as P4P?
                Learn to read mofo. Bud was ranked pfp before he even fought Horn. Read and comprehend.

Comment

Learn to read mofo. Bud was ranked pfp before he even fought Horn. Read and comprehend.
                  Your OWN words, dude. I'm done

Bud beat the man who beat Pac regardless of who you think won that fight

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post

Canelo is the p4p number 1 fighter in the world.

Not bud, Not Lomachencko
                    This deserves to be the post that bumps the thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X