Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    How was I judging his character? I was speaking on how it isn't what he is saying it is. That's not judgment that's me speaking of the observations I've made and how they contradict the type of person he says he is. It's called being inconsistent.

The funny thing is you can't even refute what I'm been saying as far as the things this guy has said. They guy says he isn't bothered by what others say but you can clearly tell from his interviews that he is bothered by what people have said since the Kovalev win. Heck Virgil hunter has even come out and said as much.

I have no problem if he wants to retire. He can do what he wants. Just don't think that you won't get criticized even more for it after having signed a contract saying you would give the man a rematch. He wants to be remembered as one of the best fighters but that will be a stain on his career if when he was faced with his toughest challenge and he won but it was close, he backed away instead of really clearing it up. Heck even fighters he says he admires like a Floyd Mayweather even rematched guys to show that he was better.
    Your last paragraph explained exactly why he won't retire

I posted an interview where he went in depth

Of course the thread had umpteen pages of butthurt only a few watched the interview

He basically said he contemplated retirement since the Dawson fight, injuries and legal battles

The main reason he will continue is to silence his critics and do what fighters he admired did.

Just based off the man's career and who he fought....remember the kid fought Kessler with like 20 pro fights and continued to fight good opposition.... I just don't see him retiring now when he can solidify his legacy

Many in this thread said the first fight wouldn't happen...they were wrong then and its most likely they'll be wrong again.

I'm sure they'll fight over the summer....mark my words bro

Kov n ward both need this fight

Comment

• Ward's a good fighter but he had his first fight where he didn't dominate. It was really close and a lot of people thought he lost a close one. How can you consider retiring on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Your last paragraph explained exactly why he won't retire

I posted an interview where he went in depth

Of course the thread had umpteen pages of butthurt only a few watched the interview

He basically said he contemplated retirement since the Dawson fight, injuries and legal battles

The main reason he will continue is to silence his critics and do what fighters he admired did.

Just based off the man's career and who he fought....remember the kid fought Kessler with like 20 pro fights and continued to fight good opposition.... I just don't see him retiring now when he can solidify his legacy

Many in this thread said the first fight wouldn't happen...they were wrong then and its most likely they'll be wrong again.

I'm sure they'll fight over the summer....mark my words bro

Kov n ward both need this fight
        I hope it happens. I'd like nothing better than for him to shut people up once again, and I'd enjoy the fight. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I hope it happens. I'd like nothing better than for him to shut people up once again, and I'd enjoy the fight. We'll see what happens.
          That fight was my favorite of 2016....a lot of high level stuff...good action, strategy, ebb n flow.... Its so many sour grapes you'd think the fight was azz.... This fight was in no way controversial.... Just another close competitive fight, yet idiots call it a robbery

Comment

....the fight was in november bro....3 months ago...you guys act like its been years

their are things that have to be ironed out behind the scenes we know nothing about
            right lol they act like 10 months have passed geez louise!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Specifically stated?

"My body feels good. I don't think I can make 168 anymore. [1]75 isn't easy to make. I'm not doing anything crazy but it's not easy to make," said Ward.
              mental ward looked bigger then sergi

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                Life goes on, Ward keeps crying like a woman that he is and this *** still quotes his own posts

yea, I often re-quote the best post in the thread.....

that lil'G nick-name will last forever

fk that squeaky win over Kovalev..... giving Golovkin that nick, is Wards best achievement since winning the super-6

you never seem to make the cut bro ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Allan Green.....straight killa mang.....Buwahahahahaha

Green was a late replacement

all I am saying is..... attacking Ward's resume, for the purpose of defending Golovkin's resume..... is futile.....

and there are other adjectives that are just as suitable

HeroBando is running a fool's errand, as usual

Comment

if you really think this guy is gonna retire now, it makes 0 sense. its called boxing politics folks....duva dont call the shots anymore

posters on here want something to bytch about...what better than the rematch not happening....deep down inside, they'd rather he retire because Ward has a very good chance of beating kovalev w/o controversy next fight.
                    The ****in irony of this statement...

Comment

• [QUOTE=bojangles1987;17444214]If Ward retires (I don't believe for a second he will), he will deserve every ****ing word of ridicule he hears in response. That would be one of the biggest b*tch moves in boxing history.[/QUOTE

I think the whole point of retiring is leaving the whole boxing conversation. The media and the fans both have short attention spans. Ward won't be talked about for long by the latter or the former after he's gone and I think that's what he's hoping for if any of this retirement talk is true.

Comment

Working...
                      X