Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long range vertical fist shovel hook: The great southpaw killer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long range vertical fist shovel hook: The great southpaw killer!

You know you can throw a long range uppercut that's like a cross with the palm turned up?

Well what about a long range uppercut with the rear hand with a vertical fist? Does it simply become a cross or a slightly altered angle cross? Or is it still an uppercut at long range?

What about a long range "vertical fist" hookercut with the rear arm? I thought it might make a good southpaw killer because its lower than the rear cross so you doint see it coming as easily and it is on a perfect angle to the southpaws chin, its quite fast, and as a bonus they wont know wtf to do because they wont know if its a hook, cross, or an uppercut so how can you defend it if you don't know what block to use or if you should parry or rolls under etc

Also didn't naseem use a long range vertical fist uppercut with the front arm?

Long rang uppercuts are dangerous for anyone but they are way to risky and not as strong as say a hook or a straight.

Comment

I'm asking bc ive actually always wondered the same thing. At the first gym I ever went to, I would throw my hook in a "slapping" fashion and it would be loud and I fell in love with it for that reason but when I went to a much more credible gym, they told me I was slapping the bag and showed me a different way to throw the hook and when I throw it how they showed me it makes more of a thudding sound but it's nowhere near as loud so ive always wondered which was better.

Comment

Sound isn't always an indicator of strength. Think if it this way a solid punch does way more damage than a slap. Yet the slap sounds louder. You should feel the difference in power

Comment

The most effective way to throw that punch is by first pulling your hand out of your glove, lubing up your hand and thrusting it right up your arse in a vertical angle. Then you use the kinetic energy stored in your ass to send a jab so powerful to your opponent that it knocks you both out. Don't believe me? Just try it!

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            The most effective way to throw that punch is by first pulling your hand out of your glove, lubing up your hand and thrusting it right up your arse in a vertical angle. Then you use the kinetic energy stored in your ass to send a jab so powerful to your opponent that it knocks you both out. Don't believe me? Just try it!
            Tried this myself. I guarantee it works. You need to utilise full upper body strength by squeezing your pecs

Comment

Originally posted by ConnieKeefe
              I'm asking bc ive actually always wondered the same thing. At the first gym I ever went to, I would throw my hook in a "slapping" fashion and it would be loud and I fell in love with it for that reason but when I went to a much more credible gym, they told me I was slapping the bag and showed me a different way to throw the hook and when I throw it how they showed me it makes more of a thudding sound but it's nowhere near as loud so ive always wondered which was better.
              This is an amazing question and important for boxing. I conducted an experiment by throwing a large trash can at my wife, then throwing a smaller one at her and comparing the effect. She said take this ****ing duct tape off my hands and the smaller can actually hurt more, despite the larger can sounding more impressive on impact.

Perhaps it goes to show that a larger surface area may produce a greater sound while not transferring greater impact.

Well I don't know, but my living room is covered in trash now and I'm due for a divorce hearing.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
                This is an amazing question and important for boxing. I conducted an experiment by throwing a large trash can at my wife, then throwing a smaller one at her and comparing the effect. She said take this ****ing duct tape off my hands and the smaller can actually hurt more, despite the larger can sounding more impressive on impact.

Perhaps it goes to show that a larger surface area may produce a greater sound while not transferring greater impact.

Well I don't know, but my living room is covered in trash now and I'm due for a divorce hearing.

Don't worry man. TMT will go over to her house at night and threaten her. Messy work. Tbe

Comment

Ah yeah Floyd's here now shouting messy work is easy work while his boys clean up

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post

LMAO you guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X