Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Erupts: Wilder Wants 60-40 For Joshua? F*** Off!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
    Where's the Links?
    Industry insiders BS
    You sound angry, is it because you don't know anyone in the industry? I used to write for 3 different publications, and still maintain relationships with some second hand sources. We work out at the same gym. They don't give me major info like back when I was writing because I don't have credentials anymore, but every once in a while they get excited about something and they tell me about it. For instance, I was the first Person on here to say Fury was going to be ranked by the WBC before it was even announced. I was the first person on here to say Wilder and Fury were going to be negotiating before it was publicly announced. I was also the first person on here to "report" the Wilder vs. Fury fight was already signed almost 2 weeks before Fury's last fight. I was the first person on here to reveal that Canelo threw a chair in a meeting because he was frustrated with Cotto's negotiating tactics before it was reported. First person to talk about how there was a rift between Pac and Roach years before their current brake up. I can keep going, but there is no need to. Now you may or may not believe me, but that doesn't really change anything. What I've been told, is that Wilder cleared $5 million, and Ortiz cleared $2 million for the fight. Supposedly Wilder was payed through a promotional company, however I have not been able to find a promotional company under his name, so I wondered if it was meant that the money was paid through Dibella. Because many boxers use this model now, especially through PBC, I lean toward believing what I was told.
    Last edited by KnickTillDeaTh; 10-22-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
      why wouldnt AJ be doing this?
      I'm sure he is, but UK fans never point to his filed purse. They only point to Wilder's filed purse. I'm sure AJ's filed purse is far far less than what he's making, but unlike Wilder, AJ's filed purses don't seem to be made public. UK law may be different, but in the US, filed purses are public information, so UK fans are always comparing their fighters' inflated publicly claimed purses against US fighters' deflated commission filed purses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
        Show me where he refused, omission is not refusal
        It's standard procedure to put language guaranteeing a fight will be next. Wilder's offer to AJ had that language. Are you trying to claim Hearn accidentally left that language out? When it was brought to his attention by Finkel, why didn't he send a new version 5 minutes later with one sentence added? Why did he instead say give me a few days and I'll have a date for you? Only to then admit a few days later the date was April? What about his behavior logically indicated he wanted the fight before Povetkin instead of after?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          good to hear you acknowledge that
          When have I denied it?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            landotter, Hearn just said this.....

"At the moment I think a split of 65-35 in AJ’s favour is fair"
            https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-if...-50-50--133005

my numbers are bang on

like I said..... Hearn knows exactly how to make that fight happen, and he knows exactly how to kill it..... we will see
            Very impressive, my friend.

If the old fashion bargaining tradition holds true, that means they are looking at 65-35 as the low ball offer, probably aware Wilder's team want more. Wilder's team is shooting for the stars at 50/50 knowing there is zero chance.

While I normally do not care about this kind of thing, I would seriously love to stick a microphone in that room for negotiations on this fight. I truly wonder what each camps floors and ceilings are for what they will take. I still think your numbers will end up being pretty freaking close.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              You can choose to recognize whatever you wish, but the fact remains it's not a recognized title.

I personally don't recognize the WBA or WBO, but it doesn't change the fact that the boxing world does recognize them. The WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO are the only recognized world titles in boxing. All four recognize each other and nobody else. Those are the four the TV networks and promoters recognize.
              Can't we all just ignore all of them? Please????

We can see the real champions based on who they fight and who they beat. I really think boxing has outgrown these organizations. Wish promoters and boxers felt the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                Deontay wilder has been quoted as saying he's only ever been VADA tested whilst in camp and has never been subjected to testing whilst outside of training In camp for a fight ..that's whilst he's been in the "365 CBP" program.

AJ pays for VADA testing on top of his fights voluntarily even though he isn't required to do so.. on top of his random UKAD testing.

So both are only getting tested in camp for fights ...despite Wilders enrollment in the CBP.. so there's no difference.
                There IS a difference, and it was proven recently by BJS.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                  There IS a difference, and it was proven recently by BJS.
                  good point, that anal decongestant was only on VADA's banned list

Comment

• Originally posted by Input1914 View Post
                    I know a lot of us Americans are siding with Wilder but there's no doubt that Joshua is the A-side. More belts, better resume and more of a star. 65/35 Joshua seems fair to me
                    To me 60/40 is more realistic. If Joe Parker got 33%, and if Wilder beats Fury, it would be much, much more than Parker has ever done. Parker lost to Whyte, and had very close fights with two other gate keepers.

All Wilder is doing is to focus on the fight ahead of him. Hearn rants and raves constantly about wanting to get the fight negotiated, when he knows that it is very rarely done to get a fight signed or even serious negotiations while preparing for a championship fight. Even Hearn/Joshua's idiot fans should realize that. (Not all idiots, but quite a few it seems)

Comment

• Originally posted by landotter View Post
                      Very impressive, my friend.

If the old fashion bargaining tradition holds true, that means they are looking at 65-35 as the low ball offer, probably aware Wilder's team want more. Wilder's team is shooting for the stars at 50/50 knowing there is zero chance.

While I normally do not care about this kind of thing, I would seriously love to stick a microphone in that room for negotiations on this fight. I truly wonder what each camps floors and ceilings are for what they will take. I still think your numbers will end up being pretty freaking close.

yep

Wilder should jump on 35%

especially considering he believes that he can beat Joshua

Comment

Working...
                      X