Pacquiao vs Armstrong who wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That said, Armstrong was extremely well conditioned

Comment

With what is said why not put into account if Armstrong was in this era with the advantages in conditioning, nutrition, speed, and strength. With those advancements would he not has those natural advantages he had and the advancement he would have now!

Comment

There is film of some of Armstong's fights, and I have watched it. He was very good. He was always on the attack and threw lots of punches almost non stop. He had good power and took punches well. He was fast and a good puncher. He would swarm his opponents and threw more hooks than straight punches. He would be a very hard fight for any fighter his weight and most fans would enjoy watching the film of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          Out of 200 pro fights, the man only lost twice by KO and 100 of those 20 he ended by KO. Armstrong style would frustrate Pacquiao...
          Actually this part of your post is incorrect. Armstrong's aggressive come forward style would actually suit Pacquiao. However I feel that that Armstrong is good enough to win despite that. But it would actually be a damn close and very entertaining fight.

This assuming armstrong gets the benefit of modern nutrition btw.

Comment

Armstrong may be a great cyclist, but why would he want to even fight Pacquiao?

Comment

Not sure if armstrong ever fought a guy as quick with foot and hand speed as manny...

Speed is a great advantage to have

I still think Armstrong could find a way to win, but i think manny is clearly a "type" of fighter that hank has never seen before, so i cant be 100% certain he wins...

Comment

Pacquiao struggled badly with the rough housing of Sanchez. Seriously, Hank would probably put Manny to sleep

Comment

Pacquiao and Armstrong were a similar size and weight in their prime.

Both attacking fighters with bundles of energy, power and speed.

Pacquiao's advantages in footwork and technical skills might have edged it for him.

Would have gone the distance in a 15 round fight, but Pacquiao takes a close decision for me in a truly epic fight.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Advancements in nutrition and training methods, need to be taken into account
                    On equal nutritional terms in the same era with the same styles??? I'd pick Armstrong. Numerous fighters with far less skill and talent than Armstrong has defeated or ko'ed PAC. I like Manny but that needs to be taken into consideration. This would be an intriguing matchup for the ages.

Comment

You also have to remember you could hit alot harder with Armstrong's gloves too. Lighter zero foam.

Comment

Working...
                      X