No announcement yet.

sparring with my friend (2 videos)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring with my friend (2 videos)

Here are 2 rounds from sparring yesterday. I'm in the white headgear.
    My apologies for the lack of action in this one! Plus i think i look worse each time i spar lol

Round 1 https://youtu.be/Dlh6_okJqB8
    Round 2 https://youtu.be/6-Faygz7WFM

I asked him to put a lot of pressure on me because I wanted to have a similar fight to last time so I could practise what I've been told.

Maybe I should've explained better or maybe he forgot but he didn't fight so aggressively and seemed to be waiting for me to attack.

I've sparred with him about twice before and always had problems. He's bigger, stronger, more experienced and seems to have faster punches than me.
    Therefore the whole time I wasn't sure about how to attack him and my mind went blank. All I could do mainly was jab, throw one-twos, and try throwing right crosses and sometimes jabs/straight rights to the body.
    Everytime I went in I was worried about being countered.

Also after watching the videos I was shocked at my TERRIBLE defense- i have some very bad habits, especially totally dropping my guard when my opponent goes for the body.

After the sparring he said I was too slow retracting my hands after punching.

My trainer said I need to get more bounce in my legs and stop leaning forwards. Also that i shouldn't stay in front of him and keep moving.

As always i'd appreciate any advice! Thanks

Find a real trainer.
    Trying to learn to box without is hopeless!
    Once you develop bad habits it's close to impossible to correct without a knowledgeable trainer.
    Good luck but find a trainer.

Ray

Comment

Of course, I've got a trainer!

Comment

I like the blue winnings

Flat footed, your not on the balls of your feet, therefore when you move in, you are stretching in with the upper body because your feet are out of distance and are being lazy (or not knowing any better) this means if you land their is no power as you are off balance or more frequently, your opponent moves his feet a few inches back and your even further over committing to the shot and easily off balance and open to counter.

You do look somewhat up right also, try to bend your knees, sit over your knees more,

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X