If resume matters why is Crawford and others ranked higher than Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    That's a good question.

That's a good question to pose to the guys at Ring magazine, ESPN, Boxing experts, analysts, officials. Because I couldn't tell you the exact reason why they rank Crawford higher.
    better resume, better performances. why wouldn't he be ranked higher? because you like him more isnt really the best reason

Comment

Thurman's only relevant wins are Garcia and Porter and one of them isn't even regarded as an out and out win because many felt he lost. So erm...no. Plus TC has looked worlds apart from Thurman in winning his fights while one time looks less and less imrpessive each time.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        better resume, better performances. why wouldn't he be ranked higher? because you like him more isnt really the best reason
        TS brought up a good point. Right now Thurman has a better resume. I like both guys. I always rank people objectively, honestly, realistically.

The eye test tells you Crawford is better. With the skills, craft, etc.. similar to Loma

Thurman's resume at the moment is better

TS brought up a good point in this thread.

That's all I'm saying is it's a good piont.
        Last edited by The Time; 05-23-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Its mostly because he doesnt have there power and hes a bit boring to watch. Good fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
            TS brought up a good point. Right now Thurman has a better resume. I like both guys.

The eye test tells you Crawford is better. With thr skills, craft, etc.. similar to Loma

Thurman's resume at the moment is better

TS brought up a good point in this thread.
            how is it better? crawford beat more top guys across more divisions.

Comment

Both guys have good resumes. I think Crawfords performances have looked more dominant, and also he usually gets the stoppage, and Thurman has looked great but not really dominant in his more recent scraps, and the power just isn't what I thought it was. But tbh i think both guys get a same amount of respect and cred. Crawford fought more recently so hes buzzing right now.

Comment

And when is the last time Thurman just toyed with a guy? I mean here we have Crawford, fighting switch, completely having his way with an Olympic gold medalist, being outweighed on fight night, and knock knock knocking on the guy's forehead! Man, that was humiliating.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  how is it better? crawford beat more top guys across more divisions.
                  The people Thurman beat are p4p better.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                    And when is the last time Thurman just toyed with a guy? I mean here we have Crawford, fighting switch, completely having his way with an Olympic gold medalist, being outweighed on fight night, and knock knock knocking on the guy's forehead! Man, that was humiliating.
                    Porter would've destroyed Diaz.

Comment

Thurman's inactivity is what is hurting him. If you fight once per year you can't expect to stand at the top of the rankings. Get busy.

Comment

Working...
                      X