No announcement yet.

I haven't watched Loma yet but I've heard Loma looked horrible. Is it true

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Castillo was a much better fighter than Pedraza.

He was Julio Cesar Chavez' main sparring partner for goodness sakes.
    Like it means something. Ray Beltran was Pacquiao sparring partner too. But Castillo is better, yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      He said he was 100%, had no issues with the shoulder, in the post fight interview.
      Judging by his interviews in Russian, Loma is the kind of guy who wouldn't tell there's something wrong with his injury even if it all kinds of messed up

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        He is a converted southpaw. All his power is in his right hand. He was not throwing it last night much. It is probably still in the back of his mind.
        He threw plenty of rights in that unanswered barrage of punches he launched in the eleventh. Loma threw what seemed like 300 punches in that round, yet couldn’t put Pedraza away. Not taking anything away from Jose, he survived admirably, but he was dead to rights. Vasil couldn't put him away.

Pedraza finally dropped to a knee due to the sheer volume of punches he absorbed, and possibly fatigue as well. Lomachenko caught him with a liver shot towards the end, and it still wasn’t enough. He just doesn’t have enough power at lightweight. Certainly seems that way to me, anyhow.

Comment

Pedraza is better than people give him credit for. He has excellent footwork/head movement and is in great shape and good at slipping punches as well as being taller and with longer arms. But Loma was definitely worthy of the unanimous decision and almost had him out of there although Pedraza impressed me with his skills.

I see no reason to criticize Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Judging by his interviews in Russian, Loma is the kind of guy who wouldn't tell there's something wrong with his injury even if it all kinds of messed up
            He's not a complaining biatch saying they fought with a "torn rotator cuff" .

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              He threw plenty of rights in that unanswered barrage of punches he launched in the eleventh. Loma threw what seemed like 300 punches in that round, yet couldn’t put Pedraza away. Not taking anything away from Jose, he survived admirably, but he was dead to rights. Vasil couldn't put him away.

Pedraza finally dropped to a knee due to the sheer volume of punches he absorbed, and possibly fatigue as well. Lomachenko caught him with a liver shot towards the end, and it still wasn’t enough. He just doesn’t have enough power at lightweight. Certainly seems that way to me, anyhow.
              That's why he won't fight at 147.....i don't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                That's why he won't fight at 147.....i don't blame him.
                Loma’s frame is just too small for 147. Frankly, he looks a little undersized for 135. But, yeah, the power just doesn’t seem to be enough, even at lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  Pedraza is better than people give him credit for. He has excellent footwork/head movement and is in great shape and good at slipping punches as well as being taller and with longer arms. But Loma was definitely worthy of the unanimous decision and almost had him out of there although Pedraza impressed me with his skills.

I see no reason to criticize Lomachenko.
                  Agree 💯%. Too many people think a top fighter is supposed to tear through everyone they put in front of him. A solid guy can be difficult to put away.

Comment

Pedraza had a plan and to his credit they did their homework.

Once Loma decided to go forward and attack he dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                      I'm not trolling. And I didn't have the opportunity to watch the fight yet, so is it true or people making up BS like they always do when underdog doesn't get blown out of water completely
                      Google the punch stats and scorecards if you can't watch the fight. It's all you need to know really. Loma was really not ready to throw the right hook because of the shoulder surgery and really didn't until he thought the fight was close (it wasn't) towards the end of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X