No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Andre Ward - Official PPV Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post

You don't know whether to laugh or cry, do you?

Someone won a lot of dirty money tonight.
    Yeah for me it's a joke but I don't want to sound like a mad boxing fan, hopefully a rematch would be sorted out. It was a close fight but I just didn't think Ward did enough, Kov is the champion and the challenger needs to go and get that belt.

Comment

• Kovalev is pound for pound greatest

Comment

• Ward didn't WIN this fight.

At best call it a draw,...but Kovalev won this ...the knockdown as well made it more difficult to overcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
          I'm a neutral.

This. Man this is tragicomical, even Kovalev is laughing. Lampley was telling the truth the whole time, indirectly saying again and again, that american judges robbed Kovalev. And like you are saying, it was easy to find 6 rounds for Kovalev, much harder to find them for Ward. I calculated their scorecards, it means they gave Kovalev 4 10-9 rounds and one 10-8 round and they gave 7 rounds to Ward. It's really tragicomical, I'm still lauging, just like Sergey during the postfight interview.
          Well we all called it when they announced 3 Yank judges and I don't think Byrd did much to stop the dirty fighting I think that ruined the fight.

This PPV event was a huge flop regardless of who won the fight I feel bad for whoever paid.

Comment

• LMAO at people saying this was a robbery. It wasn't. You may disagree with the decision, but if Kovalev had been gifted a round the best he could have done was win by 1 point.

Ward clearly won 6 rounds, Kovalev clearly won 3 rounds. 3 rounds were close.

Anyone who thinks it was a robbery must think Kovalev won 7 rounds or more, that's a total fantasy and when you watch it agin you'll see you cannot give him more than 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scholar View Post
              Lederman had it a near shutout. As did most of the journalists etc. Kovalev's real percentage landed was close to 10% and 'Punchstats' had him outlanding Ward... just laughable.
              again not sure why you are bringing up journalists lol when you mentioned hbo initially. lederman is not the only person on the commentary. like i said , roy and max were pulling for ward

Comment

• what rounds did ward win? how did he win 7? amazing lol

Comment

• For me, Kovalev rounds were:
                  Round 1
                  Round 2 (10-8)
                  Round 6

Ward rounds were:

7 and 8 were swing rounds.

So yeah, I think the judges were about right. Could have gone either way, and I was leaning towards Ward too.

Great fight.
                  Last edited by keith_head; 11-20-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by INDIFFERENT View Post
                    I was in the passenger seat of the Ward War Wagon but man Kovalev won this fight. And as a Ward fan it's not hard to admit cuz I love the sport and frankly this is the shyt we don't need.
                    Great post.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                      Why the **** not? It was mighty close...
                      You're not supposed to have close fight when you're boxing on foreign soil, that's why

Comment

Working...
                      X