Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just saw eubank jr vs groves for the first time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even in that highlight video groves was holding him nonstop.

Clamping down on his arm or holding his head.

The way he fought that fight was criminal. He did everything he could to keep it from being a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
      Spot on bro! I was at the fight and me and my mate said after the first couple rounds that it would be close but Eubank ran out of ideas quick and Groves sussed him out and comprehensively outboxed him for the remainder. Haven't a clue what the OP is taking about with Groves running and holding all night, i certainly didn't see that! I seen a clinic!
      Lol!!! Are you blind?

After the first round Groves didnt go 30 seconds in the entire fight without holding eubank.

You must be blind.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-10-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        I've not watched a replay of the fight, but to be honest I can't remember Groves holding that much. All I remember is Groves landing over and over again and Eubank missing and looking downtrodden, especially after the cut. Groves gave him ample opportunity to land. I never heard Jr or Sr complaining afterwards either.

only a minute in and I'm already impressed with Eubank's chin, and Groves looks ridiculously sharp. I listened to the fight on the radio and they also painted a different picture than OP .... lol
        Last edited by Zn1; 10-10-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Eubank is a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
            Lol!!! Are you blind?

After the first round Groves didnt go 30 seconds in the entire fight without holding eubank.

You must be blind.
            Yeah i must be blind then, definitely didn't catch that part!

Groves negated every decent attribute of Eubank over the course of the fight and reduced him to swinging wild hooks that missed by a country mile. I'd even go as far as saying Eubank initiated most of the clinches due to his lack of balance and bad footwork every time he tried putting some punches together and coming forward. Yes Groves did hold at times but what was he supposed to do when Eubank was clumsily falling into him after every wild flurry. Eubank was eating right hands from over the top and straight down the pipe all night and didn't know how to defend them. He was thoroughly exposed that night!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
              Yeah i must be blind then, definitely didn't catch that part!

Groves negated every decent attribute of Eubank over the course of the fight and reduced him to swinging wild hooks that missed by a country mile. I'd even go as far as saying Eubank initiated most of the clinches due to his lack of balance and bad footwork every time he tried putting some punches together and coming forward. Yes Groves did hold at times but what was he supposed to do when Eubank was clumsily falling into him after every wild flurry. Eubank was eating right hands from over the top and straight down the pipe all night and didn't know how to defend them. He was thoroughly exposed that night!!
              Negating doesnt mean anything when you're not landing anything.

The only thing groves was negating was a fight. He was the reason it was such a terrible fight. He was all defense. The is not the defense game, this is the hurt game.

Everytime eubank got in close, groves held his arm or his head and thats why no punches were landing. He was preventing a fight, the people came to see a fight.

Comment

The reason i ask if you're blind is that i couny at least several dozen holds. He's even holding him in the highlight video.

He was disengaging everytime eubank setup to throw a punch and holding everytime eubank got close.

Yeah that's good defense, but when you're not using your defense to setup your offense, that's running.

Comment

What did you guys think of the fight.

I think it was one of the most pathetic displays I have ever seen. I never want to ****ing see groves fight again.

All he literally did the entire fight was run and hold. He did everything in his power to not engage. This is boxing, not track and field.

I think groves should be suspended and banned for that pathetic performance.
                  The OP is a GennaDIVA fan. He's not a boxing fan. He gives free points for "coming forward" and throwing punches with little regard for effectiveness or whether the punches land.

Heres a few pics showing all the damage Eubank did coming forward as well as the damage Groves did holding all night:

Oh and heres Canelo battering DARKSEIDCUCK
                  boy:

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    The OP is a GennaDIVA fan. He's not a boxing fan. He gives free points for "coming forward" and throwing punches with little regard for effectiveness or whether the punches land.

Heres a few pics showing all the damage Eubank did coming forward as well as the damage Groves did holding all night:

Oh and heres Canelo battering DARKSEIDCUCK
                    boy:

You guys are talking about trolls, here's one lol

You're also mentioning the canelo golovkin fight to me as if i'm a golovkin fan lol. Golovkin is one of the most overrated fighters of all time and canelo stepped up and took the fight from him.

Comment

You guys are talking about trolls, here's one lol

You're also mentioning the canelo golovkin fight to me as if i'm a golovkin fan lol. Golovkin is one of the most overrated fighters of all time and canelo stepped up and took the fight from him.
                      If you like Eubank than you like GennaDIVA. They fight the same and have the same baloney hype behind them. So much power doe. Jab is a power punch doe. Holy ish doe!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X