Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier VS one of the Klitschkos, who would win? (jab, jab, jab?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Frazier VS one of the Klitschkos, who would win? (jab, jab, jab?)

Imagine Joe Frazier VS one of the Klitschkos, how would it go.

They are both 6 foot 6 to 6 foot 7. Frazier was 5"11. Joe is a ATG, but how would this fight actually span out? Surely not one of the Klitschkos winning on points.

I think Frazier would beat Vitali via KO/TKO. Wladimir is a tougher fight, in my opinion, and could go either way.

Comment

size is a massive hinderance.. Frazier`s bobbing & weaving style would mean he was around 5ft tall, its also a massive disadvantage to be `punchin-down`... Frazier would be inside these 2 guys by the 3rd round so expect a clean KO from him anywhere from 3-6rds.. Frazier fought many guys who was far superior to these 2 in every department also many guys who matched up to them in height - Ali 6ft 4ins, Mathis 6ft 4ins, Joe Bugner 6ft 5ins, Manuel Ramos 6ft 4ins, Tony Doyle 6ft 4ins al very good fighters who the Klits may well struggle with, IMO i cannot see Frazier losing.

Comment

Originally posted by irishdude View Post
        Imagine Joe Frazier VS one of the Klitschkos, how would it go.

They are both 6 foot 6 to 6 foot 7. Frazier was 5"11. Joe is a ATG, but how would this fight actually span out? Surely not one of the Klitschkos winning on points.
        Frazier, he'd be to close all night that Klitschko couldn't get anything but arm punches off.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          size is a massive hinderance.. Frazier`s bobbing & weaving style would mean he was around 5ft tall, its also a massive disadvantage to be `punchin-down`... Frazier would be inside these 2 guys by the 3rd round so expect a clean KO from him anywhere from 3-6rds.. Frazier fought many guys who was far superior to these 2 in every department also many guys who matched up to them in height - Ali 6ft 4ins, Mathis 6ft 4ins, Joe Bugner 6ft 5ins, Manuel Ramos 6ft 4ins, Tony Doyle 6ft 4ins al very good fighters who the Klits may well struggle with, IMO i cannot see Frazier losing.
          Ali, 6'3, maybe 6'4 with shoes on cause he always seemed so tall.

Foreman was 6'4. You smokin crack to keep telling yourself Ali was 6'4, cause he was shorter than Foreman.

Comment

not a big fan of frazier and dont like when people act like the old guys are automatically better.......but styles make fights lamon brewster a c+ fighter decapitated wlad and fat areola made vitali very uncomfortable imagine if he got punches off instead of getting tied up.......vitali vs frazier wouldve been a classic......

Comment

Frazier beats Wlad via knockout in my opinion. Frazier just wouldn't give him room to breathe, starts getting in close and giving Wlad all sorts of trouble.

Vitali is an interesting fight, he's much more durable and more awkward than his brother, I think he and Joe would be quite action packed, with Joe edging a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                Ali, 6'3, maybe 6'4 with shoes on cause he always seemed so tall.

Foreman was 6'4. You smokin crack to keep telling yourself Ali was 6'4, cause he was shorter than Foreman.
                The Rumble in the Jungle".. when Ali & Foreman came to ring centre for the referees instructions Ali was clearly the taller man...

ABC Wide World of Sport... with Howard Cosell & Ali talking about Ali fighting Wilt Chamberlain... Angelo Dundee measured the heaight of Muhammad Ali in the studio.. he measured 6ft 4`1/2ins

Comment

I reckon Frazier would walk through Wlad. Wlad is not effective when he is backed up, he gets disorganized , his stamina is not the best either, imagine how hard Frazier would make him work? Wlad's only shot would be to KO Frazier but i dont see him finding that counter whilst being disorganized and put on his heels. Frazier by KO.

Vitali vs Frazier is a different story. VK is an effective counter puncher on that backfoot but only! when you give him space & time, that said i think there is more a possibility of VK finding a counter to nail Frazier than there is Wlad , plus VK is probably the more robust of the two and could hang in there where as i see Wlad getting knocked out.

Not sure but i would prolly lean toward VK.

Sam Peter as crude/unskilled/slow as he is almost knocked Wlad out.

Comment

I would expect to be in low and land his trademark left hook. Connect with Wlad then its lights out.

Comment

Working...
                    X