Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on nine 4-minute rounds as opposed to twelve 3-minute rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on nine 4-minute rounds as opposed to twelve 3-minute rounds?

Before some of you call me crazy may I remind you boxing has evolved from unlimited rounds to 15 rounds to present day 12.

My point is boxing continues to evolve thus no format is etched in stone.

That being said do you think 12 three-minute rounds is the best format for boxing?

Do you see boxing changing its format in the future?

What are your thoughts on perhaps nine 4-minute rounds?

9 x 4 minute rounds would give us the snoozefest that can be MMA when they all clinch and cuddle for 3.5 mins of every round.

I would prefer 15 x 2.5 minute rounds of hard fast action rather then 9x 4 minute rounds personally.

Comment

Why change? What's the problem with the current system? 4 minutes would just mean there's less action since fighters want to pace themselves within rounds a little more..

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
        Before some of you call me crazy may I remind you boxing has evolved from unlimited rounds to 15 rounds to present day 12.

That being said do you think 12 three-minute rounds is the best format for boxing?

15 rounds was reduced to 12 because more boxers died or had permanent damage beyond 12 rounds.

Upgrading 12 rounds to 4 minutes each would be like adding 12 minutes to the entire fight, therefore, bringing it back to an equivalent of a 16-round fight, with less rest time.

So I highly doubt that this game will revert to such worst status.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
          Why change? What's the problem with the current system? 4 minutes would just mean there's less action since fighters want to pace themselves within rounds a little more..
          I agree with this

although you could say some fighters pace themselves anyway and some fighters go all out.

I could see pacman going non-stop for 12 x 4min rounds let alone 9 lol

I think 12x3 is just right, unless theres some sort of health/fatality caused because of it then there will be a change again

Comment

However, a 9 round 4 minute fight would only result in less rest for the fighters, therefore is also more dangerous for their health since you did not specifiy a longer rest period.

Lastly, a 9 round fight would mean less commercial therefore will never be approved business-wise by the boxing tycoons.
            Last edited by ThunderWolf; 10-07-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
              15 rounds was reduced to 12 because more boxers died or had permanent damage beyond 12 rounds.

Upgrading 12 rounds to 4 minutes each would be like adding 12 minutes to the entire fight, therefore, bringing it back to an equivalent of a 16-round fight, with less rest time.

So I highly doubt that this game will revert to such worst status.
              12 x 3 = 36

9 x 4 = 36

Comment

I think 3 minutes per round is long enough. I wouldn't mind however seeing and odd number of rounds like an 11 round fight or a 13 rounder. I think it will cut down on the amount of draws there are in boxing e.g each fighter winning 6 rounds.

If you want to see faster paced fights maybe and extra 30 seconds in between rounds for better recovery, more time to work on cuts, more time for game plans and more time for advertising lol so everyone wins
                Last edited by Rapid Counter; 10-07-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

If it was 4 minute rounds instead of 3 then the boxing would be slower paced, meaning most likely less action so they can comfortably do 4 minute rounds, I think it's fine the way it is.

Comment

if it aint broke, dont fix it... stop trying to reinvent the wheel

this sounds like some confused MMA fanboys idea or fantasy anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X