Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko Wants Mikey Garcia Fight Right After Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    True true...
    Did you (in an earlier post) reference Jaz, the rapper that Jay-Z rocked with back in the day, or "Jaz the Rapper," which is someone I never heard of in my life? Yeah, I'm racially profiling you! I know that's probably not funny, but yeah, I said it anyway! Lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      There are many fighters like Ray Mercer who was a former Olympian who didnt turn pro till he was 30 and there is no way in hell he or the countless fighters who turned pro after 23 would have fought for a title in their second and their third pro fight. It takes time to transition from AM's to Pro's and that is why regardless of age, most fighters have 20 plus fights under their belt before they fight for a title. Again, just list all the fighters - regardless of age who won titles with less than 3 fights. It is a short list for a reason.
      I can't name 3 fighters, but that's only important to you, and not to me! I grew up around monsters in the Bronx! It's very rare that an 16 yr. old can hold his own with grown men! At 25, it's expected! Some people are born special with the science! It's happens, and everybody knows it when they see it! They really don't need to wait seven years to compete if they have an extensive (8+ years) amateur career! The promoter is the one with the power to either fast track you, or slow walk you! In America, the adjustment to money and fame, is more difficult than anything these cats (Sweet Pea, Camacho, Floyd, etc.) will see in the ring! They're that special!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Loma and Mikey aren't the same size. They had that closeup at the ESPN studios last year and there was quite a difference. Mikey walks around as a light heavyweight (there was a video posted recently him saying he was around 175-180) and Lomachenko walks around well under the welterweight limit.

I've seen them both up close but not together and it did strike me that Loma is a little guy. He's basically just an average sized featherweight he's not much bigger than say Abner Mares who I've seen around quite a lot for example.

I'm not sure how much size plays into the match though. Mikey is a technical boxer who'll look to choose his shots, Loma will be looking to give difficult angles and use his superior speed advantage.

In general people are happy with Loma's competition hence him being p4p #1 under every outlet. He took on fights people demanded and he won them hence why he's been rated the #1 in every division he got to based on merit.
        Bro when you try to claim Mikeys a lhw,that pretty much takes away much of your credibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          He threw a hissyfit and like the fake internet tough guy he is he challenged me to a fight so I said cool (I wanted a street fight bare knuckle) but since I care nothing about him and he cyber stalks me he's got to come out here to LA or pay for my flights and compensate my time off work which he then said he couldn't afford or some crap I just heard excuses. LOL, like I care at all about a middle aged loser casual boxing fan. He didn't even know who Usyk was and had never heard of him but was convinced he'd accomplished more in the sport than him. LOL.

He bragged about how great he is as a boxer so I simply asked show some video, show your name in a record book or something but he never could.

He got blocked because he's all talk and backed down when his bluff was called.
          dude is just bored. he gets his attention here. let him be our Zelenoff. there is another gangster War Mikey. them two can squad up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx2245 View Post
            did you (in an earlier post) reference jaz, the rapper that jay-z rocked with back in the day, or "jaz the rapper," which is someone i never heard of in my life? Yeah, i'm racially profiling you! I know that's probably not funny, but yeah, i said it anyway! Lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
              Bro when you try to claim Mikeys a lhw,that pretty much takes away much of your credibility.
              I didn't say he is a light heavyweight I said he admits he walks around weighing the same as one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uEwv9FVBig

Loma's a smaller guy than Mikey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I can't name 3 fighters, but that's only important to you, and not to me! I grew up around monsters in the Bronx! It's very rare that an 16 yr. old can hold his own with grown men! At 25, it's expected! Some people are born special with the science! It's happens, and everybody knows it when they see it! They really don't need to wait seven years to compete if they have an extensive (8+ years) amateur career! The promoter is the one with the power to either fast track you, or slow walk you! In America, the adjustment to money and fame, is more difficult than anything these cats (Sweet Pea, Camacho, Floyd, etc.) will see in the ring! They're that special!
                The bottom line is hundreds of thousands of fighters turn pro at all ages and only the smallest number have won titles before their 10 pro fight. There is a reason the list is small.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  This

No Chance in Hell Mikey walks around at 175-180 lbs.

Comment

• “The only conversation I had was with Robert,” Arum said. “I said, ‘Tell your brother to shut the ***** up.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      The bottom line is hundreds of thousands of fighters turn pro at all ages and only the smallest number have won titles before their 10 pro fight. There is a reason the list is small.
                      You are correct, the list is small because most fighters don't wait to turn pro until their 25! If Roy Jones Jr., Pernell Whitaker, Oscar De La Hoya, or Floyd Mayweather had waited to turn pro until they were 25, they would've won titles in their 2nd pro fight! Question is, could Loma have won a title @ 21?

Comment

Working...
                      X