Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell happened to Timothy f**king Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 3rd fight actually was good but we all knew the outcome thoe.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      i think Monica Bradley ate him
      now that you mention it she just look a lot bigger in her most recent pics

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
        IdK but I miss him.. hope he comes back in a tuneup bout then makes a run at some of the beholder like Spence, and Thurman
        I would LOVE to see a Timmy/Thurman bout

Isn't there a video of Keith talking **** about how he'd KO Bradley or am I thinking of somebody else?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          dude was in some wars. he's legit never been the same fighter [or man from all accounts] since the provodnikov fight. he also took brutal punishment in parts of the manny fights.

i remember an interview with joel diaz when he was training bradley for the marquez fight talking about his nearly leaving camp and telling tim he'd prefer if he hung up his gloves. he said that they were a few weeks out from the marquez fight and he said tim was way off, didn't seem like he was right in the head, and that it was only after tim sharpened up in his final few weeks of sparring that he decided he was going to go through with the fight.

i can't find the video right now, but it was a candid look at what was going on in bradley's life and career at the time to say the least. within a fight or two, or maybe even right away, diaz was no longer training bradley.

tim will either look for huge fights for a ton of money, or easy fights for a real solid amount of money. and that's honestly how it should be at this point. he's rich, he's accomplished a lot, and he's becoming shopworn.
          i remember this interview

Comment

Made his money, got what he wanted out of the sport and now enjoying the fruits of his labour. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
              i remember this interview

thanks bro. that's a great interview, right?

Comment

so i think the TS got his answer. it comes down to a couple of things:

1. tim bradley is f#cking rich now. rich. he's been on PPV and made seven figure paydays several times. when he wasn't on PPV he was commanding top dollar on networks. he got paid so much to fight devon alexander that hbo reduced its boxing budget for the following year and fired the HBO sports programming director.

his wife is his manager from all accounts. managers in boxing can take up to 1/3 of a fighter's purse. so that has "stayed in the family."

2. tim bradley is not the fighter or man that he used to be because of the punishment he's taken. bradley was a very good fighter. he wasn't good enough to beat a hall of famer who wasn't far from his peak, but he beat absolutely everybody else he ever fought [other than a weird draw to chavez and the manny robbery.] he's still got enough left because of how good he used to be that he'd be competitive with the elites at WW, and maybe even beat the second tier guys like shawn porter. but that doesn't mean he can beat them, or that he should take the fights. tim's hopefully in a spot right now where he can retire and enjoy having most of his faculties. another provodnikov fight may very well put tim in an old folk's home in his 50's or 60's. his body may never recover.

bradley isn't fight right now because he doesn't need to. kudos to him for remaining patient. taking the wrong fight against an up and comer could blow up in his face. he's been inactive, and you never know when a fighter with a career like bradley will get old overnight. i mean ****, remember the kendall holt fight? all the bombs he took in pacquiao 1? that crazy look on his face between rounds in the provodnikov fight when he clearly didn't know where he was or what he was doing?

when tim bradley gets old overnight you want it to be for a ton of money. if he keeps fighting it is going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                X