Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Luis Ortiz so highly thought of by Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, he looks pretty average.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Ortiz is a counter puncher, so he's not going to throw a bunch of punches per round, he's methodical in his approach, timing his guys and then rocking them. It's a style that's not the most appreciated. Many people find it boring. And other than Wilder, he's dismantled and picked apart every opponent he's had. I never thought that Tony Thompson was a good scalp by any means, but last week people were saying that Wilder should have fought him after Thompson beat Price. Ortiz retired him. And people sure think Dave Allen is ready for Joshua now (for some ****ing reason)

End of the day, you can't really bash a heavyweight for having a bad resume, especially if he came up during the Klit era. If you were a heavyweight boxer during the Klit era, and you didn't fight one of the Klitchko's then you have nobody on your resume. Same can be said for Povetkin, Takam, Pulev, Chisora or any fighter in their mid to late 30's.
      Riiiiight... so his top wins are a novice Dave Allen and a 45-year-old Tony Thompson? Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        Riiiiight... so his top wins are a novice Dave Allen and a 45-year-old Tony Thompson? Hmm.
        No, his top win is Bryant Jennings, who he picked apart and KO'd in a far better fashion than Wlad did. I was playing Devils Advocate, which you know that I do in the majority of my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          Howdy (fat Yank) partners. Can someone explain to the rest of us why Luis "King Kong" Ortiz is so highly ranked over there? Which achievements in particular set him aside as truly great in your eyes?

In the UK he is only known for an absolute stinker in Monaco against Malik Scott, and then beating up Hearn's bag carrier, Dave Allen.
          To be fair, both Allen and Malik did not want any part of engaging. It's tough to blame Ortiz for that.

Comment

Amazes me when they try to claim he's top 4. Povetkins record both pro and Amateur ****s all over Ortiz's.

Comment

It is hard to even rank Ortiz, because he rarely fights on high level. Again, I think he is on his best day, something like Takam. But it is hard to compare, Takam had more fights on high level.

One thing is for sure, Ortiz would rather die or go back to Cuba than fight Joshua.

Comment

Working...
              X