Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching it again one thing that i haven't seen mentioned is when they've lit the spikes, they just stand on the walls looking at the white walkers instead of having archers shoot them.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      I am starting from season one today then try to get to season 8. I am going to try to finish it by Saturday.

It’s crazy cuz the king has my name
      69 episodes in 5 days? Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
        I’m sure she will. Knowing how the show takes direct quotes from the books. I have only read some of the first book but if the red woman saying to Arya how she’ll close blue eyes and green eyes from way back is a quote from the book then she’ll kill him
        Their is no night king in the books. That is a show only creation to have show fans something to grab on to by giving them a face to fear like a main villain. GRRM always been against cliche tropes like the show is doing. The others whole history is completely different like in the show with the children creating them. What makes the others such a threat is you have to kill all of them their is no kill the final boss the rest fall just so are main characters have a easy way out and live happily ever after.

Their is so many subplots going on in the books the white walkers are barley in the books unlike the show. The books has far more interesting political things going on that has to be dealt with with so many characters that are not in the show.

The show basically said f the other things lets make this a zombie Apocalypse Hollywood show.
        Last edited by RetroSpeed05; 04-30-2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
          Their is no night king in the books. That is a show only creation to have show fans something to grab on to by giving them a face to fear like a main villain. GRRM always been against cliche tropes like the show is doing. The others whole history is completely different like in the show with the children creating them. What makes the others such a threat is you have to kill all of them their is no kill the final boss the rest fall just so are main characters have a easy way out and live happily ever after.

Their is so many subplots going on in the books the white walkers are barley in the books unlike the show. The books has far more interesting political things going on that has to be dealt with with so many characters that are not in the show.

The show basically said f the other things lets make this a zombie Apocalypse Hollywood show.
          This is all true but on the other hand, GRRM also said FU to the fans by not completing the books and letting the show do his dirty work. Will he even complete it? The 6th book is still not ready and who knows if/when we'll actually ever get A Dream Of Spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Let the entire season play out? Who the hell cares about the rest of the season, the most diabolical villain who was built to be the ultimate threat since season 1, was undone by a 16 year old tom boy. Worst Deus Machina ever (Simpsons Comic Book Guy Voice). What was the point of the prince or princess that was promised prophecy? The only thing Jon Snow ended up doing was playing peek a boo with a half dead dragon.

This is what happens when Hollywood takes over for one of the most epic fantasy authors in modern times.
            Yes, let the season play out, still plenty of story to wrap up.

As pointed out in this thread, the Night King isn't even in the books. Perhaps he later will be, but the show largely created him and felt the need to end the storyline as they saw fit. I had no problem with it as they gave us an epic battle and mini movie for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              This is all true but on the other hand, GRRM also said FU to the fans by not completing the books and letting the show do his dirty work. Will he even complete it? The 6th book is still not ready and who knows if/when we'll actually ever get A Dream Of Spring.
              He got crazy rich late in his life as a old man at this point he might not even care or doesnt know himself how to wrap it ll up. I dont think the books are gonna be finished.

Also i doubt 2 books will be enough to wrap it up. He needs at least 3 imo.

Next book will have to do with Dany vs Aegon and the golden company imo. (Book Aegon not what the show said Jons real name is) Or him taking the kingdom. Imo they gave Aegons story from the books to Cersi.

Than you got Stannis vs Ramsy, the Dorne master plans, Euron, The wall, What happens to Jon, Bloodraven and Bran, Sansa, Victorian, The story of the others, lady stonehart, Jamie, Etc... Ya too much left.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post

... glad to hear that -- I simply can't watch zombie movies...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    Throughout the show they showed visions of Dany seeing the Iron Throne room destroyed and desolate filled with snow. Absolutely hinting that the NK would make to Kings Landing, so no it was definitely inferred that NK would make it to Kings Landing, instead he went out in one episode, undone by a teenage tomboy.
                    It's not even over yet. You think the Cersi war is gonna last 3 more episodes and they are all just as long as the last one. Your overreacting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Watching it again one thing that i haven't seen mentioned is when they've lit the spikes, they just stand on the walls looking at the white walkers instead of having archers shoot them.
                      They were being conservative with their weapons, arrows, and energy. The plan was to hold them back and kill the NK.

Comment

Working...
                      X