No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... that is about Alfred the Great -- it has links to actual history... GOT is a "fairy tale"...
    Indeed, however it's similar as in their both set during the medieval age. GRRM based a lot of the ASOIAF plot off real life events. The red wedding for example.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... actually she did... in season three...

(She says to Arya ‘I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you’ll shut forever. We will meet again.’)
    Not in the books. Arya is still in Braavos training to be a faceless man.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
      Indeed, however it's similar as in their both set during the medieval age. GRRM based a lot of the ASOIAF plot off real life events. The red wedding for example.

Not in the books. Arya is still in Braavos training to be a faceless man.
      I didn't read those books... didn't watch much of the GOT series as well... I watched the last episode though... and Googled on the disputed topics...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        I didn't read those books... didn't watch much of the GOT series as well... I watched the last episode though... and Googled on the disputed topics...
        Check the books out pal, great read!

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
          Best show on TV is Breaking Bad

Walking Dead was a let down for me........very tedious and slow
          Breaking bad was a classic !!>

Comment

• I am starting from season one today then try to get to season 8. I am going to try to finish it by Saturday.

It’s crazy cuz the king has my name

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              I am starting from season one today then try to get to season 8. I am going to try to finish it by Saturday.

It’s crazy cuz the king has my name
              I don't think it's possible. Too many episodes. Not if u plan to sleep and make money, u know working etc.

Plus how u going to post on boxingscene? I guess u can post simultaneously but then u will be cheating the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I loved the episode (huge book nerd, and understand the show is fan fiction at this point, but still loved it), can't believe people are complaining. How about we STFU and let the entire season play out?

Only complain is that Sam somehow survived that assault while stumbling around crying like a biznotch.
                Let the entire season play out? Who the hell cares about the rest of the season, the most diabolical villain who was built to be the ultimate threat since season 1, was undone by a 16 year old tom boy. Worst Deus Machina ever (Simpsons Comic Book Guy Voice). What was the point of the prince or princess that was promised prophecy? The only thing Jon Snow ended up doing was playing peek a boo with a half dead dragon.

This is what happens when Hollywood takes over for one of the most epic fantasy authors in modern times.

Comment

• Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
                  I don't get why so many people are upset. Cersi was still in the south, it's not like NK was gonna win and fight cersi the last few episodes.
                  Throughout the show they showed visions of Dany seeing the Iron Throne room destroyed and desolate filled with snow. Absolutely hinting that the NK would make to Kings Landing, so no it was definitely inferred that NK would make it to Kings Landing, instead he went out in one episode, undone by a teenage tomboy.

Comment

• I'm really not into the fantasy genre but I decided to watch what I could of that episode. As luck had it...I could hardly see anything. I thought it was my TV and now I keep hearing the same from everyone everywhere about this. Didn't the producers watch the episode before airing it? They really missed the boat on the editing aspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      8 seasons of foreplay and the NK blew his load in one episode.

Let down.
                      I agree. That battle should have been the culminating moment of the series. They should have saved it for last and made it a bit more epic.

Battle of the Bastards was better.

Now all we are left with is worthless Cersei and her shitty political ambitions and schemes. Blah.
                      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 04-30-2019, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X