No announcement yet.

Can I get down to 130lbs at 6'1??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get down to 130lbs at 6'1??

I'm at 150 right now. Any examples of boxers with these measurements for comparison purposes?

Season starts in September.

I'm trying keto, I doubt I have 20lbs of fat to lose but I've stopped lifting weights so I hope to lose muscle.

If I hit 130 will I then be able to cut water weight?? Like cut 10lbs or something pre-fight to hit 120??

I'm a amateur btw, we dont even have weight classes yet. But i want to fight really short guys.

Why stop there? 118 or nothing.

Comment

lol I know your not serious but if I could make 118 id fight there

funny thing is I was around 200lbs this time last year (198 to be exact)

Comment

Ali Funeka's my motivation right now

Comment

Start popping pills like him then.

Comment

Man I would just bulk up to 160 if I were you. That way you can actually hurt people with your punches.

Thomas Hearns was a very tall middleweight at 160 and he was also 6'1. If you go all the way down to 130 or even 120, nobody will respect your lack of power and walk right through you.

Comment

You would have less power and weaker chin at that weight.

Comment

i am 180 cm and 60 kgs so you can be 130 lbs don't hesitate get in the shape the fights will get very easy, they can't even touch you lol

Comment

my chins good never been hurt and i spar with guys twice my age and 20lbs bigger

dont really care too much about power i'm not feather fisted but a few extra pounds won't make me a KO artist

as long as I'm tall enough to keep people away I can clinch on the inside thats my gameplan

Comment

Originally posted by ChowAce View Post
                    Man I would just bulk up to 160 if I were you. That way you can actually hurt people with your punches.

Thomas Hearns was a very tall middleweight at 160 and he was also 6'1. If you go all the way down to 130 or even 120, nobody will respect your lack of power and walk right through you.
                    I'm tryna develop a clinch habit

cant do it in sparring because my coach hates but i want to start incorporating it into fights because i get tagged too much on the inside

now i think about it im similar to malignaggi: "slick", but get hit a lot, boxer/mover, low left hand..

Comment

Working...
                    X