Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why in every TV ratings thread for US fights do fans make excuses like..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by betmen View Post
    cmon... there is no way boxing is more popular than cricket. even badminton i think are more popular.

and dont forget rowing

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      I'm not a cricket fan so I don't know, I only ever hear about it whenever the ashes roll around, although I know the one dayers and IPL are popular. And I hope you're joking with badminton claim

Damn, I forgot about darts, that might even be more popular than boxing.
      half joking, you know there wimbledon for tennis and then all-england for badminton, which the most prestigious tournaments for both respective sports.

still picturing those victorian era garments when thinking the brits playing badminton

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        Or even better, when they claim that boxing does relatively well in the UK because we have no other sports competing with it. The ignorance is astounding
        I know, it always cracks me up when American fans, and also fighters like Andre Ward, come out with comments like that. They really think we have no other sports, and nothing else for people to do, except sit around talking about boxing and waiting for the next show to come along!

Comment

Think if we were to do this in the UK the equivalent would be. "Ratings were low because.. (insert **** Simon Cowell produced show) was on. Simon Cowell is the bane of UK boxing ratings

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            Or even better, when they claim that boxing does relatively well in the UK because we have no other sports competing with it. The ignorance is astounding
            That's not entirely false though. Boxing cards in the UK don't compete against English Premier League games that are held in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              I'm not a cricket fan so I don't know, I only ever hear about it whenever the ashes roll around, although I know the one dayers and IPL are popular. And I hope you're joking with badminton claim

Damn, I forgot about darts, that might even be more popular than boxing.
              I'm old enough to remember the days when "Matchroom" meant darts, snooker, and Barry Hearn, rather than boxing and Eddie.

Hard to believe that boozy, beer bellied chain smokers like Jocky Wilson and Eric Bristow, and Alex "Hurricane" Higgins, who was never seen without a lit cigarette, a pint of Guinness and a whiskey chaser either in his hands or on the table next to him, were once UK sporting icons.

Comment

At Nubian.deontay still deserves that 50/50 pal if not more.deontay is one of the last of the dinosaurs last of a dying breed.the closes will ever get to Mike Tyson.and hw boxing needs that if it wants to continue to thrive and stay relevant.just imagine hw boxing without deontay like the Vlad era no one will be paying attention lol

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
                  At Nubian.deontay still deserves that 50/50 pal if not more.deontay is one of the last of the dinosaurs last of a dying breed.the closes will ever get to Mike Tyson.and hw boxing needs that if it wants to continue to thrive and stay relevant.just imagine hw boxing without deontay like the Vlad era no one will be paying attention lol
                  With ******ed posts like this, which I won’t get into as I honestly feel you are stupid or trolling

You fully deserve your red k on this website. They probably should make a new colour for your type

Comment

What sports are on this Saturday night they can use?

Comment

Lmao i remember when someone was defending a pbc fight doing low ratings and some moron said "well it went up against womens basketball". **** was hilarious

Comment

Working...
                      X