Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What allowed Holyfield to take shots from Tyson others couldn't?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What allowed Holyfield to take shots from Tyson others couldn't?

Tyson was not the same figter mentally in 1997 but he was still a beast physically.

This type of hit at the beginning of the fight would have put most fighter's down but not Evander for some reason? What made him so steady?

Steroids allowed that hell Holyfield got knock out by Blubber Toney

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Steroids allowed that hell Holyfield got knock out by Blubber Toney
      Could be on to something.

His neck and trap muscles which serve to brace the head grew significantly

Comment

Right about Tyson not being the same fighter as that was a major factor. Holyfield was supposed to be an easier opponent. He had retired with a bad ticker(hole in heart) and received doctors treatment. He had also been in quite a few knock down drag out wars. Holyfield was being brought in to be knocked out.

Holyfield took the fight serious and trained like a man obsessed, sparring hundreds of rounds with David Tua.

The two were scheduled to fight years earlier but Tyson was convicted of rape and went to prison. (I still have a poster for that fight that didn't happen). Tyson after prison was a different fighter IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by sentax View Post
          Tyson was not the same figter mentally in 1997 but he was still a beast physically.

This type of hit at the beginning of the fight would have put most fighter's down but not Evander for some reason? What made him so steady?

Look at the shot and look at Mike's feet. He is not grounded, which means that despite it being a great shot, it was not as devistating as if his feet had been planted. Also Holly rolls with it well.

Comment

Toney could be a devistating puncher. Especially with the extra weight. Also Toney was very accurate. Sometimes weight matter and sometimes not. The hardest puncher to many is that British middle weight, I forget his name.

Comment

Holyfield always had a granite chin.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Holyfield always had a granite chin.
                Yep. After Tyson beat Spinks my old man told me a guy named “Evander Holyfield” would beat Tyson one day. Just a bad matchup for Tyson. Evander had a guy who he could slip and counter in front of him. Tyson mostly threw one twos. Looked at the ref all night in the clinches.

Comment

I suspect, but would like to know better:

Chin in a hypodermic.
                  Chin in a bottle.
                  Chin in a jar.

Sometimes "glass" and "chin" come together.

Comment

Even his facial bone structure seem to become more dense probably HGH and steroid ****tail

Comment

Working...
                    X