Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather did what 97G could not: Stood in front of Canelo and beat him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather did what 97G could not: Stood in front of Canelo and beat him

Even though I thought 97G managed to edge out a slight decision, he embarrassed himself after talking all that **** about Mexican style. A slow, flat footed fighter like Canelo had him backing up all night. The one true TBE stood right in front of a prime Canelo and dominated him. Floyd made the albino ginger look like a fool in front of his people on Cinco De Mayo. Floyd Mayweather is the undisputed king of Mexican style. His legacy continues to grow even though he's retired.

Weight drained Canelo. Doesnt count

Comment

yep we all remember how floyd went toe to toe and never touched the ropes for a second and now we all remember since its fresh in our minds how ggg literally ran around the ring for 12 straight rounds like a coward refusing to engage
      Last edited by daggum; 09-16-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Why do people keep saying Canelo "backed GGG up" when that never happened? And besides, this Canelo is a much better fighter than the one Floyd fought.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
          Weight drained Canelo. Doesnt count
          Floyd dominated him thoroughly in every aspect. No excuses. They could have fought at 160, it would have still been easy work for Floyd.

Comment

Mayweather’s win over Canelo looks better and better. 25 years from now it will be seen as one of the single best wins any boxer has had.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
              Why do people keep saying Canelo "backed GGG up" when that never happened? And besides, this Canelo is a much better fighter than the one Floyd fought.
              pretty sure it was almost a replica of margarito-cotto in there. i mean this is a boxing forum so people know boxing here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
                Better in what respect? Canelo is still largely the same fighter IMO.

Comment

I hate to admit it (because I happen to think that Floyd made sure he got to Canelo before Saul got good enough to compete with him) but the OP has a point.

This makes Floyd look even better.

Comment

canelo landed as many punches on the ropes against floyd as lil g did to canelos body

and by "on the ropes" i dont mean canelo leaning on the ropes with his back on them...i mean literally punching the ropes

Comment

Working...
                    X