No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather did what 97G could not: Stood in front of Canelo and beat him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    I hate to admit it (because I happen to think that Floyd made sure he got to Canelo before Saul got good enough to compete with him) but the OP has a point.

This makes Floyd look even better.
    well sure...but its not like floyd should have waited so canelo got better and floyd himself got older....youd have to be dumb...floyd might be a lil dumb in real life...but in boxing he is not in almost any aspect of it

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
      Better in what respect? Canelo is still largely the same fighter IMO.
      A bigger, more experienced Canelo that's more properly prepared for a fight? Yeah, in that respect.

Comment

So? Floyd is one of the greatest ever, there's no shame in doing worse against an opponent than he did. It was a tremendous performance from Floyd.

Comment

Not to mention floyd was probably beating a PED canelo. Triple crybaby couldn't even beat up a natty canelo 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            well sure...but its not like floyd should have waited so canelo got better and floyd himself got older....youd have to be dumb...floyd might be a lil dumb in real life...but in boxing he is not in almost any aspect of it
            I just felt that had Floyd waited even another year or year and a half, it's a better more competitive fight. Hats off to Floyd for seeing it tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
              Floyd dominated him thoroughly in every aspect. No excuses. They could have fought at 160, it would have still been easy work for Floyd.
              would have could have. floyd fans get a lot of use out of those phrases.

Comment

I just felt that had Floyd waited even another year or year and a half, it's a better more competitive fight. Hats off to Floyd for seeing it tho...
                gotta strike at the right time....timing is everything....but this fight was even in the plans when floyd was fighting ortiz and canelo was on the undercard

Comment

Because Floyd would be 38 years old by then?

Comment

I hate to admit it (because I happen to think that Floyd made sure he got to Canelo before Saul got good enough to compete with him) but the OP has a point.

This makes Floyd look even better.
                    Did Floyd have Canelo running like Golovkin did in the first fight? Nope.

Did Floyd even cut up Canelo's face like Golovkin did in this fight? Nope.

Did Floyd fight a well-prepared Canelo like Golovkin did in both fights? Nope.

Did Floyd even have Canelo hurt like Golovkin did in both fights? Nope.

In addition to that, unlike both Floyd and Canelo, I don't see Golovkin's career tainted by any evidence that he's a cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      would have could have. floyd fans get a lot of use out of those phrases.
                      Its actually quite the opposite, since... You know... Floyd's the one with the perfect record.

Comment

Working...
                      X