Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that when people compare Floyd or manny to past fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Bad example.

Pacquiao very rarely wins fantasy fight polls, no matter who he is matched up against.
    Because he's always matched with the wrong people.

I recall recently being split even in a H2H match with Chavez at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
      yes Floyd and Manny would be ATG'S in the Leonard,Hearns era.they are great fighters
      Ok.....

Does this post deliberately have nothing to do with my post. Or what?

Yes, they would be ATG's. They are great fighters.

Does that mean they would be "The best of the best" because they are ATG's? Like you said? No, it doesn't.

Would Barrera and Morales be the best of the best in any era?

Oh wait, you don't think they are ATG's, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Because he's always matched with the wrong people.

I recall recently being split even in a H2H match with Chavez at 140.
        Huh, must be missing those threads. I've seen ones where people think he loses to fighters he beat already. Him leading the thread matching him against Aaron Pryor is a shock, because that's been done before and Pacquiao lost handily.

Comment

Good point IronDanHamza.

Pac and Floyd would never be rated at welterweight historically.
          Maybe the problem is that a lot of the new breed of fans are not aware of the great fighters below lightweight (and in many cases welterweight) as these guys mostly never received a "legendary fights" special by hbo.

Hearns vs. Pac/Floyd is NOT fair. But it's not like those matchups originate in the history forum section. It's from guys that get upset because I'm not as impressed with Pacs run as i am with Armstrongs. It's from guys that get upset at hearing Floyd is not one of the 25 greatest welterweights.

Both Pac and Floyd are beasts. But not so much at 147. Maybe it's hard to understand how horrible the division is outside of those two at the moment.

But how many responses would a Kid Chocolate vs. Floyd Mayweather thread get?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            Good point IronDanHamza.

Pac and Floyd would never be rated at welterweight historically.
            Maybe the problem is that a lot of the new breed of fans are not aware of the great fighters below lightweight (and in many cases welterweight) as these guys mostly never received a "legendary fights" special by hbo.

Hearns vs. Pac/Floyd is NOT fair. But it's not like those matchups originate in the history forum section. It's from guys that get upset because I'm not as impressed with Pacs run as i am with Armstrongs. It's from guys that get upset at hearing Floyd is not one of the 25 greatest welterweights.

Both Pac and Floyd are beasts. But not so much at 147. Maybe it's hard to understand how horrible the division is outside of those two at the moment.

But how many responses would a Kid Chocolate vs. Floyd Mayweather thread get?
            Not many.

But that would be awesome!

I'd pick Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Ok.....

Does this post deliberately have nothing to do with my post. Or what?

Yes, they would be ATG's. They are great fighters.

Does that mean they would be "The best of the best" because they are ATG's? Like you said? No, it doesn't.

Would Barrera and Morales be the best of the best in any era?

Oh wait, you don't think they are ATG's, do you?
              no i do not think highly of Morales of Barrera...good solid fighters but not what i'd call ATG'S MANNY AND FLOYD COULD BEAT ANY FIGHTER FROM ANY ERA ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT AND I STAND BY THAT

Comment

I dont go for that "oh he fought before there was colored tv so he has to be great crap" these fighters had over 200 fights and there is footage of maybe 50 and they are automatically better than current fighters cause some old ass dude with a cane said so.hell when i get old if i tell some one Floyd is better than anyone who ever fought i guess that is the gospel right cause im old as hell and i said so.and no new age fighter has any chance at all to be the best cause there is to much footage on them and the fight was in color

Comment

no i do not think highly of Morales of Barrera...good solid fighters but not what i'd call ATG'S MANNY AND FLOYD COULD BEAT ANY FIGHTER FROM ANY ERA ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT AND I STAND BY THAT
                  Oh yeah that's right I forgot, Barrera's only notable wins are Hamed, Morales and Juarez right? And Morales' only notable wins are Barrera and Pacquaio?

@ Mayweather and Pacquaio beating any fighter from any era on any given night.

And you call other people biased?

New fans just get worse and worse.

Comment

I dont go for that "oh he fought before there was colored tv so he has to be great crap" these fighters had over 200 fights and there is footage of maybe 50 and they are automatically better than current fighters cause some old ass dude with a cane said so.hell when i get old if i tell some one Floyd is better than anyone who ever fought i guess that is the gospel right cause im old as hell and i said so.and no new age fighter has any chance at all to be the best cause there is to much footage on them and the fight was in color
                    Who are you quoting in Quote marks? Can you show me that quote, please?

And can you read? Genuine question. Can you?

Because if you could you would see that that isn't what anyone is saying and it has actually being broken down in quite a clear manner.

Yet all you do is repeat yourself over and over and over and ignore the responses.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                      Just keep this in mind when some fighter that did not accomplish as much as Floyd and is not as good a super featherweight as he was is being compared to him, and you want to tell that person that they are clearly wrong because they are.

One day all these people accusing others of being biased to "old school" fighters (that fought in the 80s and/or 90s for f***s sake) are going to understand the point the rest of us are making. I'm 24 and I feel like an old man because I'm defending the greatest fighters ever and being told I'm just biased.

Comment

Working...
                      X