Apparently Tank Was Not Aware Of Floyd's Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    This is what I posted in another thread:

I don't understand some Loma fans. They complained endlessly that Davis was a champ and should be ready to fight all comers (I agree and always said this, too).

Now that he wants the fight, they say Floyd is trying to get rid of him (far from the truth). Even so, why should they care? Shouldn't they rejoice that the "thug" will be beaten and humbled? (I don't believe this for a second.) Make up your mind guys. Which is it? Doubt creeping in?

To paraphrase Pacquiao and Golovkin, if Loma doesn't run and stands his ground (infights), he'll be KOed.
    both things dont really contradict each other if you believe Floyd is setting Davis up.

Davis was criticizing Mayweather in the public and complained about fighting pedraza too early. how is the same dude now wanting to fight lomachenko?
    it looks more like Mayweathers intention is to make davis sweat a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
      I'm not on Twitter . So can someone will me in on how the whole Floyd/Tank tension started ?
      Tank put out a Tweet suggesting he was "set up" to lose in the Pedraza fight. Saying he was off six months and forced to take the fight. Then he said the people you look up to don't want you to be better than them. Also saying he is not being promoted right. All veiled shots at Mayweather.

All of the sudden Floyd wants to put him in vs Loma ASAP after spending almost two years saying what's the rush.

In response to that Tank put out two tweets that suggests he finds the sudden change in plans amusing. And of course fans on his IG accuse him of being scared and spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        Floyd as a promoter was never one to wrap his fighters in cotton wool. It has probably always been Tank who personally didn't want Lomachenko and Mayweather is now fed up of it
        I don't disagree with your overall stance, BUT I could see how he could see Tank as something a lil different.

Not THAT confident in either angle of that really, but I lean more towards Loma is a special talent & even if Floyd thinks Tank is a special talent this might be the wrong timetable to put those in together. I mean people keep ignoring Tank wasn't even the #2 guy at 130. Hell most don't have him that now with Loma gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          Tank put out a Tweet suggesting he was "set up" to lose in the Pedraza fight. Saying he was off six months and forced to take the fight. Then he said the people you look up to don't want you to be better than them. Also saying he is not being promoted right. All veiled shots at Mayweather.

All of the sudden Floyd wants to put him in vs Loma ASAP after spending almost two years saying what's the rush.

In response to that Tank put out two tweets that suggests he finds the sudden change in plans amusing. And of course fans on his IG accuse him of being scared and spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Probably because he felt he had more learning to do. Everything that comes wth being a champ, including the weight cuts etc. making championship weight every time from 21 years old, not everyone is made out for it and we’ve seen how he missed weight in his last two fights.

He had to travel, and everything else. He’s still a kid. Could imagine it had something to do with that.
            So what's he in Boxing for? To not be Champion?

If he didn't want a title shot then he could have said so.

Comment

If they fight it won’t be at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I can't believe Tank is critical of Floyd matching him with Pedraza.

What more do you want?
                Broner in his ear

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  Broner in his ear

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                    All for publicity, Floyd trying to check Tank by showing him what a real setup is all about. The fight will never get made and they'll use the excuse that they wanna stay at 130 and that Lomachenko fights at 135 now and wouldn't come back down. Davis hanging out with the wrong people and they've obviously been in his ears, he wouldn't be where he's at right now if it wasn't for Floyd Mayweather.
                    I agree with this, man. Honestly my first reaction is that Floyd is just showing Davis what his position is. Like a way of showing who is actually in charge here.

None of them want Davis in there with Loma, not now/soon anyway, let’s just be honest here. So for Floyd to start saying the contrary to me seems like a proverbial slap on the wrist; ‘I can do this to you if I wanted to, so be careful’ type of thing.

Fight won’t get made. Floyds just using his influence to keep Davis in check coz let’s face it, he’ll know he’s an idiot just as much as we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                      Talk is talk, nothing has been signed, Dubeof and Floyd have been cool since Floyd used to fight for Top Rank, the beef was between Floyd and Bob, and if Bob doesn't want this fight to happen then it won't happen.
                      This is progress. I believe Floyd and DeBouf and Lomachenko are down for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X