Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best I’ve Faced: Antonio Margarito

He gives Miguel Cotto lots of credit

BEST JAB

Paul Williams: Paul’s height and southpaw stance made it difficult for every fighter to figure him out, but his greatest weapon had to definitely be his jab.

BEST DEFENSE

Rodney Jones: I fought Rodney early in my career and lost. His defensive style made him successful early on in his career and difficult for me to figure out.

BEST CHIN

Joshua Clottey: Both Danny (Perez) and Joshua had granite chins. I remember landing big shots on both of them, but they just wouldn’t go away.

FASTEST HANDS

Manny Pacquiao: I tried countering and timing Manny but his hand speed made it difficult to do so.

FASTEST FEET

Shane Mosley: Shane could definitely move. He never allowed himself to be cornered.

SMARTEST

Miguel Cotto: No too many fighters go into a fight with a game plan and stick to it like Miguel.

STRONGEST

Clottey: Although I did not think Joshua had a strong punch, he had a strong body. I remember landing heavy punches, but Joshua would not even flinch. Each time I punched him it felt like hitting a solid wall.

BEST PUNCHER

Pacquiao: I have to say Manny’s punch was big for a small fighter.

BEST SKILLS

Cotto: Miguel was destined for success. With his amateur background, financial backing, and promotional support, Miguel had everything a fighter needs to make it easier for him to develop. You only grow as a fighter if your skills grow.

BEST OVERALL

Mosley: Shane had it all – hand speed, footwork, punch, defense – and he could take a punch.
    http://******.craveonline.com/news/4...onio-margarito

"Miguel was destined for success......until I plastered him"

Comment

Comment

Fighters always praise their biggest scalp...so they get more credit for winning....the only different one is Morales who belittles Barrera because he hates him for real.

Comment

I love "the best I've faced" articles.... Much respect for giving cotto his props even after all that bad blood... Hopefully cotto gets to read this.

Comment

Prime Mosley was a beast

Comment

margarito was never the same after the first cotto fight.

he made shane look a lot better than he really is due to margarito still feeling the brutal physical effects of teh 1st cotto fight.

even tho he beat kneeguel, cotto and his cropped eye brows took margarito's prime that night.

he arguably suffered more physically that night vs cotto. the only reason why he won that fight because tony margs has a tru aztec warrior blood running through his veins while cotto has a lot of sugar runnin in his tank...

Comment

I liked this article. I think Clottey is a solid fighter. For some reason he always refused to let his hands go. I thought he had Margarito in that fight but just let up the last half of the fight for absolutely no reason. Clottey also put some damage on Pacquiao in a losing effort and only throwing a few punches a round. I liked most of what Margarito said except I think he's giving Cotto too much credit.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  the only different one is Morales who belittles Barrera because he hates him for real.

Quoted for truth.

Comment

I've never seen such a big man destroyed by such a small man as Pacquiao in my entire life. Margy still wakes up with nightmares about losing his eye.

Comment

Working...
                    X