No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara: Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Is that right? lol That's just awful then. It always seemed to me Canelo throws much more. Honestly, I support Lara, but I don't like watching him fight. He bores me. People talk about Rigo, but I love watching him in action. Maybe it's just a taste thing.
    rigo is way more exciting than lara. Rigo can actually move his waist and head and is defensively perfect while lara just relies on his legs 100% to give him angles and he mostly pity pat punches

Comment

Is that right? lol That's just awful then. It always seemed to me Canelo throws much more. Honestly, I support Lara, but I don't like watching him fight. He bores me. People talk about Rigo, but I love watching him in action. Maybe it's just a taste thing.
      A few pages back jas pointed out that Lara is more active. So I looked up compubox stats for their last two fights. And Lara indeed threw more. I guess it depends how much weight you wanna put on compubox.

My guess is Canelo looks like he's more active cause he throws combos. But I guess the time between his spurts is so long that Lara indeed throws more than him.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        A few pages back jas pointed out that Lara is more active. So I looked up compubox stats for their last two fights. And Lara indeed threw more. I guess it depends how much weight you wanna put on compubox.

My guess is Canelo looks like he's more active cause he throws combos. But I guess the time between his spurts is so long that Lara indeed throws more than him.
        Also, earlier on, Canelo was put in with a bunch of cans he could just tee off on; thus, giving the impression that he's more active than he really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Hurt is exaggerating especially when you loom at how he fought after the knockdowns. When he got caught he came back meaner, hungrier and stronger.

And I don't know what your thinking with that footwork comment because Floyd had the kid twisting around like a pretzel. He couldn't deal with movement at all.

What Canelo has going for him is he is a good body puncher and found success with his right to the body against Trout. If he can get inside and work the body early I like his chances but I just think he's going to try and outbox Lara like he has every other opponent he's faced.
          do you have English comprehension skills? I'm clearly stating Canelo footwork >>> Angulo's footwork.

I agree, Lara is slightly better footwork, it's most definitely quicker but don't start mistaking Canelo for some body punching brawler, he is far more than that. He has sharp reflexes and when he wants, good head movement too.

If someone like Angulo could catch Lara, what do you think Canelo will do?

And you must have totally lost your mind if you don't think Lara was hurt, if he wasn't hurt, he wouldn't have gone down and looked dazed at times. What Lara does have are decent recuperative powers and some real grit. Canelo has that too. That's why this is such a great match up.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            do you have English comprehension skills? I'm clearly stating Canelo footwork >>> Angulo's footwork.

I agree, Lara is slightly better footwork, it's most definitely quicker but don't start mistaking Canelo for some body punching brawler, he is far more than that. He has sharp reflexes and when he wants, good head movement too.

And you must have totally lost your mind if you don't think Lara was hurt, if he wasn't hurt, he wouldn't have gone down and looked dazed at times. What Lara does have are decent recuperative powers and some real grit. Canelo has that too. That's why this is such a great match up.
            Decent? If you consider that decent then what do you consider GREAT?
            Originally posted by northstar View Post
            Also, earlier on, Canelo was put in with a bunch of cans he could just tee off on; thus, giving the impression that he's more active than he really is.
            This is also true. But even vs lesser and smaller opponents, you could see him fade.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

fitting meme with a pigeon. pun intended

Comment

• Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
                rigo is way more exciting than lara. Rigo can actually move his waist and head and is defensively perfect while lara just relies on his legs 100% to give him angles and he mostly pity pat punches
                For a second I thought you were describing your mother because she can move her head and waist quite well also. She's terrible at evading cumshots though.

Comment

It really depends which Lara shows up he varies a lot by encounter, but he has been on a roll for a while if he can keep it up he should win with ease. However if the Lara that takes half of the fight off he could easily give away any fight.

Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
                  fitting meme with a pigeon. pun intended
                  That pigeon describes you to a tee! We will raise pigeons together after i adopt you my son. I can tell you have that deep desire since you keep mentioning them. Ill make your pigeon raising dream come true .

Comment

• Originally posted by northstar View Post
                    For a second I thought you were describing your mother because she can move her head and waist quite well also. She's terrible at evading cumshots though.

Dont get down to his level. Keep it classy.

With that said...

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                      It really depends which Lara shows up he varies a lot by encounter, but he has been on a roll for a while if he can keep it up he should win with ease. However if the Lara that takes half of the fight off he could easily give away any fight.

That pigeon describes you to a tee! We will raise pigeons together after i adopt you my son. I can tell you have that deep desire since you keep mentioning them. Ill make your pigeon raising dream come true .
                      One of my females just laid an egg. So let me know if you need a starter bird for your son. I'll hook him up.

Comment

Working...
                      X