No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs 90's George Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Fury is big and has some slickness, but it's important to take into account the competition he's up against. Wlads era all through now has been very low level. I understand the hype of Fury beating Wilder, but Wilder is a media created bum, he has no boxing ability at all.

Now Fury took a UD off Wlad, who was old and not really that great to begin with. It puts a picture frame around where to rate Furys ability. He's certainly better than the heavyweights today, but even that reference to Tommy Morrison isn't proving much. Morrison was better than anyone fighting today.

Believe me if Brewster could cold clock Wlad, Morrison would do so just as easily.
    And so just so we're certain, Foreman is actually BIGGER than Fury, and has superior stamina and Boxing technique.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      I don't always disagree with you queen. But I think Sonny's list is a lot better than Wlads. Come on Barret is a straight up bum. Alex shultz is decent and underrated. But Def not better than Folley.
      LMAO! No it's not. Not all.

He took the plunge against Ali.

He couldn't get Machen out of there.

If Cleveland Williams (KO'd by a guy the size of Canelo) can back Liston up, what would Brewster and Sanders do? Sonny would be Black Swiss Cheese.

I'm guessing you'd pick JMM to beat De La Hoya, too.
      So what if Marvin Hagler can K.O. Tommy Hearns, Ike Williams would punch holes right through him!

I know you like to play a part, but you make yourself impossible as part of a serious conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Big George even got U candies singing soprano in the boys choir, priceless!

The premise is cartoonish as most here polluting the history forum.
        My bad. I know you tried to score the fight, but it was impossible to stay focused with those topless glistening men distracting you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
          I think a big part of the fight's outcome hinges on just how much "respect" Fury decides to pay Foreman. Tommy Morrison was able to win against Foreman sticking to a strategy that Fury should have little trouble emulating. It would be a likely boring go, but a likely win if he were to go that way.
          LOL, Foreman wouldn't even enter the ring with Quarry.

Quarry was a great Heavyweight like Mickey Walker was a great Light Heavyweight. Walker gave Loughran his best title fight. Beat another Top 10 ATG LHw in Rosenbloom. Beat a huge puncher in Berlanbach. He even had a respectable Heavyweight career - his competition was better than that of actual Heavyweightchampuons. Better than Charles'. Better than Ingo's.

But at the end of the day we know Walker never belonged there. He should've stayed fighting men his own size. Same with Quarry.

So yeah, if Foreman can't bring himself to fight a much smaller man, where's he get the courage to fight the GOAT?

Ron fookin Lyle was almost too much for Foreman... ya know the guy who was checked by Quarry's punch.

Bullies don't like being bullied. Well getting raped is gonna go over far worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
            LOL, Foreman wouldn't even enter the ring with Quarry.

Quarry was a great Heavyweight like Mickey Walker was a great Light Heavyweight. Walker gave Loughran his best title fight. Beat another Top 10 ATG LHw in Rosenbloom. Beat a huge puncher in Berlanbach. He even had a respectable Heavyweight career - his competition was better than that of actual Heavyweightchampuons. Better than Charles'. Better than Ingo's.

But at the end of the day we know Walker never belonged there. He should've stayed fighting men his own size. Same with Quarry.

So yeah, if Foreman can't bring himself to fight a much smaller man, where's he get the courage to fight the GOAT?

Ron fookin Lyle was almost too much for Foreman... ya know the guy who was checked by Quarry's punch.

Bullies don't like being bullied. Well getting raped is gonna go over far worse.
            Where do you get the stuff regarding Quarry from? From someone who is not named Jerry Quarry, lol?
            These two examples are puled from two Foreman fights in the 1970's which Jerry Quarry was working as a co-commentator. I had shared them in a "Jerry Quarry Lovefest" thread here in the history forum, in which I came across a post regarding claims that Quarry and Foreman had never sparred before, which I was unaware of as being a topic of debate with some. But that is why the quotes are more to do with a sparring aspect than actually a fight between the two, but I am almost positive that somewhere in one of those fights, Quarry also makes mention that not fighting Foreman before calling it a day wasn't something that broke his heart.

This link is where Quarry mentions "Working in the gym" with George and he I believe alludes one or two ore times to sparring Foreman:
            https://youtu.be/CJmLumBZ-20?t=188

This is the Dino Dennis fight where the co-commentator speciically says "...Youve sparred with both men, is Foreman..."
            https://youtu.be/ktEB2cie8Uk?t=392
            Last edited by Mario040481; 03-10-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Where do you get the stuff regarding Quarry from? From someone who is not named Jerry Quarry, lol? Because I definitely don't think Quarry sounds as thogh he was feeling to ducked when he talks about Foreman in these two fights here, calling him the strongest guy he was ever in a ring with etc?

This link is where Quarry mentions "Working in the gym" with George and he I believe alludes one or two ore times to sparring Foreman:
              https://youtu.be/CJmLumBZ-20?t=188

This is the Dino Dennis fight where the co-commentator speciically says "...Youve sparred with both men, is Foreman..."
              https://youtu.be/ktEB2cie8Uk?t=392
              You're right, not from Quarry.

From Foreman.

Keep in mind. We also saw Foreman need the better part of 30 rounds to put away Peralta. And we saw him fold to Ali - feather-fisted and defensively porous - in under 10 rounds.

Fury meanwhile shredded through the bigger and more menacing Wilder in 7 rounds.

Williams-Gavilan, Robinson-Maxim, Foster-Ali, Hearns-Hagler, Gomez-Sanchez, Tito-Hopkins.... you see hiw history repeats itself? Being the bigger puncher don't mean nothing to the bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                You're right, not from Quarry.

From Foreman.

Keep in mind. We also saw Foreman need the better part of 30 rounds to put away Peralta. And we saw him fold to Ali - feather-fisted and defensively porous - in under 10 rounds.

Fury meanwhile shredded through the bigger and more menacing Wilder in 7 rounds.

Williams-Gavilan, Robinson-Maxim, Foster-Ali, Hearns-Hagler, Gomez-Sanchez, Tito-Hopkins.... you see hiw history repeats itself? Being the bigger puncher don't mean nothing to the bigger man.
                So why are you debating this with me when I said that Fury could likely defeat the 2nd coming of the George, which seems to be the opinion you are of?

Comment

So why are you debating this with me when I said that Fury could likely defeat the 2nd coming of the George, which seems to be the opinion you are of?
                  - -Because U 2 proverbial village idiots.

Comment

You compared him to Morrison. Fury fights nothing like Morrison.

Fury DESTROYS any version of Foreman.

Comment

Have some people taken leave of their senses?? Equating how a 40 year old fighter overweight and slow did against Moorer and Morrison as somehow a distillation of his career is astounding. Think about this, would the Foreman who fought Moorer and Morrison beat an earlier version of himself. No way in hell.
                      Last edited by TonyGe; 03-10-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X